What are your favorite songs you wrote during FAWM 2022 NOW?

Skip to the bottom

• @unpronounceable  Apr 2022

Now that it’s been a month or so, I’m curious if you would make any changes to the songs of yours that got hearts? I was looking at my page and realized I might make some adjustments myself. Please share yours!

For me, I originally <3-Ed :
    * Too Tired
    * A Felt Sense
    * I Choose Food
    * May Your Love Be Enough

If I had to re-assign hearts now, I’d <3:
    * You Are Here
    * Too Tired
    * My Heart
    * I Choose Food
    * Dance Alone

Looking forward to yours!

• @andygetch  Apr 2022

I added a couple to collabs that turned out well.
    * The A-Team
    * Coelacanth

• @nadine Apr 2022

I wrote too many good songs so I cannot decide! I use the heart symbol for all songs I want to rerecord and produce in a semi-professional quality during the year.

But if I had to choose favourites I have two groups:

The heavy ones:
    *Dorian Gray
    *At your command
    *Take the black

The mild ones:
    *How are you
    *Dust
    *Disco Blues

Did it change? Yes. One of them started as a draft I did not want to continue but I'm in love with the vibe.

• @chipwithrow  Apr 2022

This is a great topic - I'm surprised only a couple have responded, but I know the traffic around here is lighter and lighter each day.
    I listened to a few of the songs listed here - I have a couple more days of listening and commenting in me, as long as others are around.
    As for me, I don't "heart" songs as favorites - one reason is that, in the moment, usually I think the song is awesome!
    And, as @unpronounceable points out, after some distance from a song we'd usually appreciate it differently. For me, it's more like a year, even longer. Recently I went back seven years or so and found some gems I'd all but forgotten I'd written.
    I did just go back and look at this year's songs - there are probably a half dozen I'd consider performing with guitar and voice, which is often how I determine a song's worth. And lately I'm getting the urge to perform again, but I just don't know what the venue would be.

• @mandolinda  Apr 2022

I think the ones I hearted , are still my favorites. Reasons are different, accomplishments made and just love the fact that I did it.

• @dukongp100 Apr 2022

made 6 in total, first was an ep, tough question! probably Jam Cushion, a few others liked it so im happy with it

• @gubna Apr 2022

Definitely this https://fawm.org/songs/134811/

• @gm7  Apr 2022

Wow...that is a tough question Your Honor...so here they are:

Butterfly Dance
    Little Gerri
    Cool Cool ways
    Prairie Prayer
    Disco Blues
    Working man Blues
    ..in no particular order (great title for a song! or has it been used before?)

• @hmstreetteam  Apr 2022

“Exactly Where You’re Meant to Be” is the one that has grown in importance. It was a foggy one-hour write, which really means I wrote it in 10 minutes and spent 30 minutes memorizing it, and I guess that made it easy to overlook at the time.

• @falconbridge  Apr 2022

I happened to hop on today to just look in on things, and to grab feedback because I'm really hoping to take some additional time with a few of these, revising and polishing. (My goal for FAWM is to have a demo version that can give the overall sense of the piece not necessarily a "releasable" recording.)

All my favorites were space songs:
    Your Orbit
    Leaving (Engines Down)
    The Butler Will Not Rendevous
    Speed of Light / Indulgence
    and Ocean of Stars

• @timfatchen  Apr 2022

I was light on for hearts to begin with. I've just finished changing them (before I saw this thread) largely on the basis of how frequently I've listened to them since (ie which ones appeal to me). So, here they are:

I would fain lie with thee : first one I put a heart to, no change
    Deep summer night's dance : just got a heart transplant, none previously
    General Irving Cisski : collab with @billwhite51 and probably the one I've most listened to, just been given a heart (not that it would help said General)
    Missing you ; collab with @fearlessflight2014 who put the heart on early on and with which I concur, a toss-up for me between this and Lie With Thee as my top fave.

Not many is it, out of a songlist of 35 (okay, some are semiduplicates, but still...)

• @fuzzy  Apr 2022

I usually "heart" all of my songs!
    (I'm a contrarian - the recommendation is to use them "sparingly", so I was immediately thinking "no, they go on every track".)
    Until I do a collab; I don't like to impose my "hearts" on other peoples' song lists, so after a collab I remove all the hearts. (No shade to you, @andygetch; I like COELACANTH as well!!)

• @rayboneor  Apr 2022

I've been away from the site for a few weeks. The only song from this year's fawm that I can even remember is the first one :)

• @unpronounceable  Apr 2022

I love that you called it a heart transplant, @timfatchen . Might have to make that the official phrase of this kind of thing :)

• @chipwithrow  Apr 2022

@rayboneor - I listened to your first one yesterday and really dug it!
    And I had to go back and listen to my first one this morning to even remember it - and I liked it!
    I like most of my songs enough that I could do an EP of ukulele songs and another of banjo songs. And I might even do that - the uke EP might inspire my 20-year-old daughter, who has decided she wants to try for some uke/vocal gigs of her own.
    If I had to pick a uke favorite right now, it would be "Welcome Home, My Friend" (my first one). My banjo favorite would be "Wooden Bridge."
    It's been fun to go through this thread and discover others' favorites.

• @adambeiter Apr 2022

I have revisited "Lotus Eater", "Pool Song", and "Self-Referential" the most. I think those are my three favorites. I even played "Pool Song" last night at a gig I had, it translates pretty well to the live stage as I have found out!

• @metalfoot  Apr 2022

Yeah, I can't do this exercise yet; too early for me.

• @wylddandelyon Apr 2022

This is so hard! I guess right now my favorites, in no particular order, are:

Dead Dog Filk Song
    Takeout Time
    Starlight Fairy Waltz
    The Bitter Aftertaste of Dreams Left Unexpressed
    Derelict
    Daidi's Ditty
    Sundae Skirmish
    Steel Skeletons of the Past
    Waves
    Sacred Cliff (I really love the dance between the harp and the guitar)
    The Vampire's Haunted Guitar

I suspect My Sweet Library Fairy will become a favorite, once I've given it a tune (Gotta do that!)

And this may change as I have time to practice more of them. I'm really surprised, given how many songs I wrote this FAWM, how many of them I do really like, and that I think I'll be singing for years.

• @psyt Apr 2022

Songs 3-13 + 15.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...