MALM Listening Skirmish, Thursday, March 10 8 p.m. EST

Skip to the bottom

• @beacon Mar 2022

Hey, we had such a good time, that I figured I'd do another Listening Skirmish. This one will be a little different than the last, but I hope just as interesting.

Sorry to all my friends in Europe, but I'm doing this at a time when most of the North American FAWMers can make it.

Just show up on Thursday at 8 p.m. EST here, and at that time announce that you're up for playing, and I'll get directions then on what to do!

Feel free to chime in early to let others know to come and play too. If there's enough call for it, I can do a reception in the BeaconBeats Lounge in Kumospace afterwards for people to chat.

• @andygetch  Mar 2022

I'm in!

• @robynmackenzie  Mar 2022

I’ll be there!

• @beacon Mar 2022

Bump! Hope you can join us! in 3 hours!

• @metalfoot  Mar 2022

Busy this evening again. Real life is getting in the way of all my fun :)

• @nancycunning  Mar 2022

I’ll be there.

• @beacon Mar 2022

Okay, who's here for the fun?

• @beacon Mar 2022

Here's the challenge for this Listening Skirmish:

* Find a FAWMer (and even better a FAWMling) who you have never listened to one of their songs, and listen and comment to at least three songs of there and listen (using the #listeningskirmish tag too!)

* In the time we have, you can probably find at least one other new FAWMer to listen to also.

* If you have time, also please listen to someone else participating in this skirmish.

Here and ready to rock!

• @andygetch  Mar 2022

got it!

• @beacon Mar 2022

Great ways to find one are:

* Go to the Songs section and find someone in the list
    * Check out someone who you know, and look at people who have posted on someone else's songs
    * Find a tag that you like, and then see people who have posted songs with that tag.

• @beacon Mar 2022

Please also let us know your discoveries here!

I can also host a little social after this if people are up for that, either via Zoom or Kumospace.

I'd enjoy that. :) Off to listen!

• @andrea  Mar 2022

I'm here. I can't stay for the social - family movie night later (waiting on me).

• @berty38  Mar 2022

I wasn’t originally planning on joining, but @andygetch just started listening to my stuff, so I’m going to do the challenge. Prob won’t be able to join the reception though. Thanks Andy!

• @beacon Mar 2022

Oh my @berty38 I'm listening to your songs too!! LOL

And you're local to me. Welcome!

I listened to three songs by @beebalm7070 and they were lovely. Still can't believe how many wonderful people there are here.

• @andygetch  Mar 2022

@berty38 was on page 1 of the song list and I remembered meeting at the FAWM over reception. What a pleasant surprise. Solid stuff! I'm going back in for more listening.

• @andrea  Mar 2022

I am digging @kaminokai. Very cool songs.

• @beacon Mar 2022

After @berty38's song, I slipped over to @skibum1066, who had some really wonderful slick-of-life songs and also not afraid of doing some political commentary. A nice find!

So far my fave is HEY! by @princessavania: https://fawm.org/songs/135624/

• @beacon Mar 2022

And here's the link to a Post listening Zoom gathering for all who will!

Topic: Post FAWM Listening Skirmish Meeting
    Time: Mar 10, 2022 21:00 Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87564275068?pwd=enhjZkM3dVZzWjBXUUdralNnMEJqdz09

Meeting ID: 875 6427 5068
    Passcode: 201031

• @andygetch  Mar 2022

Another new-to-me (however since 2014) FAWM'er @kendrakinsey Very cool experimental stuff!

• @beacon Mar 2022

Some lovely stuff by @fiftydegrees. I'm listening to a lovely, sort of experimental instrumental called From Longmeadow https://fawm.org/songs/131419/

• @beacon Mar 2022

Thanks all. I'm in the Zoom room now for anyone who wants to chat.

• @dzdandcunfsd  Mar 2022

Just caught three from the fawmling @chinacat all some excellent stuff right up my alley of listening tastes... highly reccomend. Thanks for doing this one @beacon I might not of stumbled onto their stuff otherwise.

It was great skirmishing with you. Thanks for organizing, @beacon. Sorry to miss the after party. I'll try to make it if we do another one.

• @sheilerk  Mar 2022

Shoot, just missed it. :(

• @andrea  Mar 2022

I have to head out now. This was great @beacon . Wish I had more time -in every day.

• @beacon Mar 2022

Thanks for everyone for participating! I think we all found out some cool new (to us) FAWMers to listen to!

• @wylddandelyon Mar 2022

Augh! I was distracted by dinner. I meant to be here! I'll check out some of the recommendations.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...