New Vom Vorton album, 'Silver Medal Songs'

Skip to the bottom

• @vomvorton  Mar 2022

Hiya!

I decided to finally release a collection of songs I recorded in 2018, not sure why I've been sitting on these for so long but they're some of my favourites and I'm pleased to finally set them loose!

On Bandcamp today:
    https://vomvorton.bandcamp.com/album/silver-medal-songs

And available for streaming from tomorrow!

• @mikeskliar  Mar 2022

congrats!

• @elesimo  Mar 2022

This is really good!

• @vomvorton  Mar 2022

Thank you!

Now also on Spotify:
    https://open.spotify.com/album/6SDSHkLFjsAcOg6PyyHsaW?si=me--PwYKQL2kkhNDeDNuew&utm_source=copy-link

Or your streaming platform of choice (hopefully - some of them take longer than others)

• @rayboneor  Mar 2022

Great album. I listened on Spotify, which served me up a few more excellent VV songs before moving me on to a radio station based on Silver Medal Songs. I've found some great stuff there: Flickknives by The Understudies; Where You're Not by Electrophonvintage, etc. I don't listen to a lot of music, so I get excited when I find something that resonates with me

• @paulh1237  Mar 2022

Never knew the guy is a peach of a tune. It feels weird listening to music online and not being able to leave enthusiastic comments each tune.

• @vomvorton  Mar 2022

@rayboneor in my old bands, I played shows with The Understudies at least a couple of times, so the algorithm is doing some impressive work there. Much as I complain about Spotify, their recommendation engine is pretty damn good.

Thanks for the kind words (and @paulh1237 too, I think "Never Knew The Guy" is my favourite track on there and not JUST because it has @owl on it. Although that always helps)

• @tcelliott  Mar 2022

These songs sounded just a tad familiar (SF High Five) but I'm enjoying them all the same.

• @cheslain  Mar 2022

This is a really good album. I listened to it through a couple of times while doing some studying. Very balanced, coherent album with just enough variation to keep things interesting. Currently my favourite track is the closing one, The End.

• @vomvorton  Mar 2022

Thanks @cheslain! Really appreciate that :)

• @elainedimasi  Mar 2022

Glad you posted, I am going to check it out!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...