Just wrote a Medium.com article on FAWM

Skip to the bottom

• @looprication  Mar 2022

Hi all,

Shameless self-promotion, been meaning to write something up to encourage others to get involved with FAWM, so I just published my first Medium.com article as looprication:

https://bit.ly/35NurVz

Feedback welcome!

Cheers,

-loops

EDIT: Thanks so much @bithprod for the tiny url!

• @mikeb  Mar 2022

Your link doesn't work, might want to try a short link with bit.ly or tinyURL.
    You wrote 150 songs? You've got 17 on your page, where are the rest?

• @bithprod  Mar 2022

Shortened URL: https://bit.ly/35NurVz

• @bithprod  Mar 2022

The article is worth reading, by the way. Well written, @looprication!

• @johncrossman  Mar 2022

Great tips summarized there!

@mikeb - cumulatively over multiple Febs, but I suppose it makes for a more eye and mouse catching headline.

• @dragondreams  Mar 2022

@looprication - excellent article that captures the whole magic of FAWM!

• @fuzzy  Mar 2022

Yes, excellent article!

• @dzdandcunfsd  Mar 2022

I'd say you nailed it!

• @psyt Mar 2022

Lovely article. :)

• @burrsettles  Mar 2022

great article, @looprication ! also a little jealous that you have blades. ;)

• @timfatchen  Mar 2022

"Say goodbye to your loved ones" My wife will attest to that.

• @odilongreen  Mar 2022

Nice article! It's nice to have a ready reference next year when people ask me what the heck I'm spending my whole February doing! :)

Wow thanks all! @bithprod thanks so much for posting a working link! (D’OH!). And @burrsettles Blades is worth tracking down, would still love to talk modular any time!

• @debrandio Mar 2022

That's cool!!

• @yewnorker Mar 2022

Well done!

• @heliosonorous Mar 2022

Cool article and summarizing of the experience here!

• @franniezest  Mar 2022

Great article!

• @esc4p3  Mar 2022

My first FAWM, but agree this is spot on :-)

• @katestantonsings  Mar 2022

Nice article @looprication! I really enjoyed the quote you included by Frank Zappa. Well done!

• @gm7  Mar 2022

yes..spot on!

• @splittybooms  Mar 2022

Oh nice, dude! Great write, too.
    Really feel this is a great explanation of what this is all about and would def draw in someone who was curious! Goes into the community aspect of it and the atmosphere round' here, too.

• @prsongsmith  Mar 2022

Great piece! THanks for sharing it! @looprication! I literally laughed out loud at "...a virtual Coachella or Burning Man, sans the sweat and the stank..." :-)

• @sherrylynnlee Mar 2022

Great piece @looprication ! I followed you on medium. You inspired me to write one as well, on my experience as a fawmling. I can't wait for next year :)

https://sherrylynnlee.medium.com/reconnecting-with-my-many-muses-what-ive-learned-from-writing-14-songs-in-28-days-84a5a71d50ee?sk=2f900af0515116fc38c49d7e833a654b

• @katestantonsings  Mar 2022

@sherrylynnlee an inspiring read!! You absolutely nailed it on overthinking. Accountability through the FAWM community is helpful, isn’t it? You’re very perceptive—thank you for sharing!

• @ductapeguy  Mar 2022

Wonderful

• @sheilerk  Mar 2022

A great article. Thanks for the link! You really told it like it is! As far as the sweat and the stank... well, given @Dragondreams post in the Fawm 2023 Challenges forum, it may not be sans the stank for everyone ;) But, yes, like Coachella or Burning Man in a lot of ways. But, really there's no where else like it. It's wonderfully unique!

• @audrey  Mar 2022

Great article @looprication

• @spingo  Mar 2022

I enjoyed that!

• @downburst  Mar 2022

I enjoyed both of these enormously. Is there a, like, songwriting community on Medium? I dip in and out there now and then but have never really settled in.

• @dragondreams  Mar 2022

@sherrylynnlee - Just finished reading your article, and I was nodding at all the points you covered. And now I'm going to go and take a listen to the music behind the written word. ;-)

Hey thanks all! And @sherrylynnlee - great job of describing your experience, super eloquent. Particularly liked the way you covered a lot of ground succinctly by associating your FAWM demos with songwriting tactics. And while I know by definition (and description) that your FAWM was in many ways significantly different than mine (as is everyone's), it was so parallel in so many ways that I couldn't focus on the differences, if that makes sense? (and I followed you back, thanks!)

And @downburst , there's a FAWM tag and a Songwriting tag on Medium (I think I used both on mine), I'd encourage anyone who has the urge to follow in @sherrylynnlee 's footsteps and craft a post about your experience.

• @audrey  Mar 2022

@sherrylynnlee I read your article and really enjoyed it. I like how you take the reader through your own FAWM experience and how you exceeded your "bucket list" for FAWM this year. I'm sure the article will be very motivating to your readers and may even cultivate some fawmlings for next year. :)

• @nateger  Mar 2022

Great article! Love your perspective and it summed up my experience of fawm nicely :)

• @sherrylynnlee Mar 2022

thank you for reading @looprication @audrey @dragondreams @nateger @downburst @spingo @sheilerk @katestantonsings @ductapeguy . Please post a link to your blogs if you write them, I'd love to read!

• @burrsettles  Mar 2022

that's great to see, thank you @sherrylynnlee !

• @beacon Mar 2022

@sherrylynnlee I'll +1 everyone else's comments in that your article is so well written, and one of the best things is that it makes me want to hear your music. Off to do that shortly!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...