Album covers - I am considering taking commissions

Skip to the bottom

• @scottlake Mar 2022

One thing I spent time on this month instead of songwriting was drawing. I blame @stevenwesleyguiles for getting me into drawing a couple of years ago for Inktober. I have found great enjoyment doing this and have gotten to the point that I am considering charging for it simply due to the time it takes.

Here’s one I did for @cts a couple of years ago.

Here’s one I did for myself using a sketch of my favorite bird in North America, the black capped chickadee.

And then this year during FAWM I worked on this design and made a T-shirt that I put up for sale.

If you might be thinking of paying something to have cover art made, in pretty much black and white, have a good quality photo for me to work from, I might be your guy.

• @ajna1960  Mar 2022

Great portraits Scott :) Do you use computer apps as well as pen in paper ? I am curious because I draw and paint and have always wondered about computer art apps.

• @scottlake Mar 2022

I only use my iPad. I have migrated from Autocad Sketchbook to two different apps: Concepts app and Artstudio Pro apps. I use an Adonit Note+ Bluetooth stylus.

I never leaned pen and paper technique. The last art class I had was in 8th grade in 1979.

• @scottlake Mar 2022

Yes I’m older than your typical FAWMer

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...