Is there a size or song length limit for File Hosting?

Skip to the bottom

• @brucebutkovich  Mar 2022

Is there a size or song length limit for File Hosting? I've run into an issue where I cannot upload my final song (using the fawm fie hosting). Ive done the usual cache clearing, different browsers, rebouncing from my DAW, converting WAV to mp3 outside of my daw (in case its a file glitch issue), etc. I even tried uploading a random mp3, with success.. then tried uploading a different mp3 of close to the same length and that was also given an error message. Mp3 size is 13.2mb and song length is 5:42 if that is of any help. Ive gotten the song uploaded for FAWM using dropbox, so at least it counts (yay!).. but the FAWM hosting is just cleaner and stuff for actual presentation.. just wondering if anyone ran into this before. Thanks!

• @emkaydeebee  Mar 2022

Yes, it needs to be less than 10mb…

@emkaydeebee oh, okay.. thanks!!

• @dragondreams  Mar 2022

That seems like a large mp3 file size for a five to six minute tune. Have you tried dropping the resolution a little?

@dragondreams yes, I just did and successfully uploaded. I normally use 320kpbs for mp3's.. but with the FAWM File Hosting size limit I switched to 256kbps. Thanks everyone for the heads up!

• @dragondreams  Mar 2022

@brucebutkovich Glad you got sorted! :-)

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...