I have one unclaimed lyric left. Fancy a go?

Skip to the bottom

• @stephenwordsmith  Feb 2022

Hi all!

Counting the shameless uncredited thefts and ongoing behind-the-scenes collabs, I've had 15 of my 16 lyrics put to music (several more than once) this year. Not bad.

There is one hero that remains unsung, for now, and it is one of the first: Haves and Have-nots https://fawm.org/songs/125556/

Here is my open invitation for one (or more) of you to give it a crack. It's unusually approachable for one of mine: It has a steady metre, a chorus, and the trickiest word is probably 'endow'. Perfect for someone wanting to dip their toes in the well of Wordsmith. Or those desperately seeking inspiration as the final hurdle looms.

Let me know if you'd like a go. Many thanks in advance, and happy FAWMing!

• @nateger  Feb 2022

I loved these lyrics so much I had to write something https://fawm.org/songs/135190/

• @coolparadiso  Feb 2022

Has someone done “a toast”?

• @tuneslayer  Feb 2022

If you don't mind more than one person having a go at it I might give it a shot tomorrow.

I'd do it tonight but it's almost midnight here, I just finished a skull-crunching project I had to finish tonight, and I am tired.

@coolparadiso : It's been claimed but the collaborator has not yet finished.

@tuneslayer: I don't mind either having more than one interpretation or waiting (my awkward timezone makes that a reality for most co-productions).

• @coolparadiso  Feb 2022

Oh good i really want to hear that @stephenwordsmith that was such a cool lyric.

• @tinear  Feb 2022

@stephenwordsmith I might just give it a bash. As you say, it's got a steady metre so how tough can it be? ...*hysterical laugher ensues*

@tinear: by all means, bash away, with my thanks.

@nateger : Finally got a chance to listen to the piece - amazing work, especially considering the medium. Thanks so much for fulfilling my dream!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...