Seeking Lyricists / Spoken Word Artists For 'Pete Murphy & Friends' Collab Album

Skip to the bottom

• @petemurphy  Feb 2022

Hi all,

There's a full explanation in the bio on my profile page, but the gist is...

If you write lyrics and can record yourself speaking / singing / shouting / screaming those lyrics, I'd like to set them to music and release a free 'Pete Murphy & Friends FAWM 2022' Bandcamp album, just for the fun of it.
    They don't even have to be lyrics. You can just shout random words into your voice recorder if you want, and I can chop / rearrange or whatever.

I work best in the surreal / abstract / random areas. I'm comfortable cutting up your words or leaving them as they are, whatever you prefer.

Please be aware that I've already had some submissions, and there is some sweary stuff in there, so if you don't wish to be on an album that contains some bad language, this might not be the right project for you.

Cheers,
    Pete.

• @ayehahmur  Feb 2022

Pete - I'd love to contribute something to this. I'm fluent in both surreality and swearing (if you don't mind the swearing in Glaswegian). Not sure when I'll get around to it - it's been a slow start to FAWM this year for me - but I'll do my best to give you some thing interesting to work with.

• @petemurphy  Feb 2022

@ayehahmur - that would be amazing, if you find that you have the time. Thank you!

• @coolparadiso  Feb 2022

Im willing to have a go at anything. Im an aussie no probs with swearing stuff and i am a lyricist at heart oh yeah and random is my middle name

• @ajna1960  Feb 2022

Hi Pete ! I'd love to join in please :) I can provide my own 'interesting aka off the wall' words and read and sing (very badly) them myself for you :)

• @fuzzy  Feb 2022

My long-standing policy is that I will be on an album *only* if there is sweary stuff involved.
    I will give this a go.

• @petemurphy  Feb 2022

Haha, you don't have to do a sweary piece. I was just mentioning that I've already had some sweary pieces sent to me, so as long as you don't mind being alongside the sweary swears, you can do whatever you like.
    :-D

Thanks all

• @stephenwordsmith  Feb 2022

This might be the opportunity I need to dig up that half-done piece composed of the 'most metal' and 'least metal' words in English.

• @negasi Feb 2022

I have done some slam in my youth, might see if I can rig up something that doesnt sound awful and give it a go.

• @petemurphy  Feb 2022

@stephenwordsmith - Fabulous!

@negasi - Ace!

• @coolparadiso  Feb 2022

when do you need stuff and where so you want it to go!

• @petemurphy  Feb 2022

@coolparadiso - any time during FAWM is cool with me (I'd like the writing and recording to be done during February if possible).

As far as where to send it, if it's an mp3, you can attach it to an email and send to heatwave_radio [at] yahoo [dot] co [dot] uk
    If its a larger file like a wav, you can email me a Google Drive or Dropbox link, or whatever works for you.

Cheers!

• @kahlo2013  Feb 2022

Love to play a part of you still need people!

• @petemurphy  Feb 2022

@kahlo2013 - of course! Love to have you on board! :-)

• @rollasoc  Feb 2022

Pete, I might take you up on this....

• @tunecat  Feb 2022

Once I get my mic set up I’ll give it a go

• @petemurphy  Feb 2022

@rollasoc - woo! Yes!

@tunecat - excellent! Thank you.

• @sw1n3flu  Feb 2022

oh my......

• @fuzzy  Feb 2022

I just sent you a file by email, @petemurphy!!
    I hope you like it!!

• @stephenwordsmith  Feb 2022

Same, @petemurphy - it wasn't the metal thing but I hope you find it usable anyway.

• @mardeycranbleson  Feb 2022

This could be fun I will try to record something!

• @frenchcricket  Feb 2022

This is in my wheelhouse i reckon

• @mahtowin  Feb 2022

I often do spoken word tracks. I will keep this in mind :-)

• @mahtowin  Feb 2022

@petemurphy what about the language? Does it has to be in English?

• @mahtowin  Feb 2022

… I found the answer to my question in your last track ;-)

• @mahtowin  Feb 2022

… I found the answer to my question in your last track ;-)

• @petemurphy  Feb 2022

Wow, some amazing people replying here. I feel honoured!

I've had some brilliant submissions so far.

And yes @mahtowin - all languages are welcome :-)

• @mikeskliar  Feb 2022

@petemurphy - just sent you a spoken word thing (from my gmail account) enjoy! :) -mike

• @petemurphy  Feb 2022

I'm having lots of fun with these.
    Massive thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!

• @mahtowin  Feb 2022

@DukeMeyer - was für Dich?

• @fearlessflight2014  Feb 2022

Sounds really fun pete! I’ll put something down for you tomorrow…

• @petemurphy  Feb 2022

@fearlessflight2014 - amazing, Liz! Thank you!

• @petemurphy  Feb 2022

Bump!

• @tunecat  Feb 2022

This is one of my favourites - but it’s finished https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/38cpLffwAjvcKd7x6- let me know if you want completed stuff like this or new clips. I did several of these both last year abd in 2018 tgat have barely seen the light of day but I’m really pleased with them !!! :)

• @tunecat  Feb 2022

Ok reading again it seems you want words to mess with. Anything from this year or I’ll just send you something

• @br0th3rh00d Feb 2022

Hi! Fellow autistic here, checkout my page for lyrics that don't yet have music to them!

• @seemanski  Feb 2022

I'll see what I can cook up next time I'm up in my loft

• @petemurphy  Feb 2022

@seemanski - ace! Thank you!

• @br0th3rh00d Mar 2022

Do I nowe you something!? I'm not sure where I am. Trying to catch up.

• @br0th3rh00d Mar 2022

*owe

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...