FAWMer can't get in...

Skip to the bottom

• @ajna1960  Feb 2022

@mattpierce can't get into his FAWM account for the last 24 hours or so. Prior to that he could.
    Here is what he says:
    "Early yesterday I was able to start two new songs, now I can't login my user name & password w/o having my reverbnation site ALWAYS being the default in the user name spot! I don't think it has anything to do with my browser. A lot of stuff is different this year and I may not even participate, profile pic for one!
    As of now, I even login can't!"

PS he's asking for help in the FAWM 'Songwriters that want to post their music' FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/fawmrecordedmusic/

Any and all help / ideas please ?

• @ajna1960  Feb 2022

He says it doesn't matter what he puts into the username box when trying to log in, as it defaults to the Reverbnation URL

• @whispermouse  Feb 2022

Is he saying that when he types his FAWM username he instead sees his reverb nation URL in the username field? It doesn't help him much, but that's definitely a problem on his side. I bet he's fighting a browser autofill.

• @mariekevinkmusic  Feb 2022

Yep I think he should delete his cache

• @mariekevinkmusic  Feb 2022

So his browser auto populates the log in fields? He just needs to delete that and out the correct details in for FAWM. It bothers him so much that he is considering not participating? Sheesh. I agree some issues are making the experience slightly less "community" this year but we should be happy it is up and running at all, from what Burr has explained.

• @tseaver  Feb 2022

There should be a settings tab in the browser -- "Logins and Passwords" (FIrefox) or "Autofill | Passwords" (Chrome) -- where he can clear / edit the bogus userID his browser has cached.

• @jonmeta  Feb 2022

Hey admins, can you please reset the password for @mattblick and send him an email? He's been away for awhile and has mislaid his password and can't get in. Thanks!

• @zecoop  Feb 2022

@ericdistad or @jendistad can help. I looked but could not figure out how to reset a password. :(

• @ericdistad  Feb 2022

@jonmeta - if he's looking for the FAWM website password reset, assuming he still has access to the email he created his account with, he should be able to reset it himself here: https://fawm.org/lostpassword .

I have seen some weirdness with caching and ability to view the password reset page. If he either clears his cache or uses Private Browsing/Incognito Mode in his browser, it should show up correctly.

• @jonmeta  Feb 2022

@ericdistad Matt says: “I've clicked on reset about 4 times but still haven't received an email.”
    That was a couple hours before i sent you the first message.
    I’ve passed on what you said though.

• @ericdistad  Feb 2022

@jonmeta - I'm assuming he's checked his Spam folder? We've seen a bunch of the FAWM generated emails ending up in spam.

If it's not in Spam, he should reach out via email to info at fawm dot org . It may be easier/quicker to solve over email.

• @jonmeta  Feb 2022

Thanks, @ericdistad

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...