Status

Skip to the bottom

• @jlampson  Feb 2022

Oh, I've got it, all right: status!

Seriously, the issue I ran into just now is that setting a song's status to private still showed it on my profile, even to a user who is not logged in. I tested this in Incognito mode as well, and was able to access my profile (which is public) but my most-recent song (which was private at the time).

Is this expected behavior? Or am I doing something wrong? Thank you!

• @vomvorton  Feb 2022

A private song will still be listed on your profile (with title visible) but nobody can click through to read the lyrics or listen.

I guess if you wanted even the title to be private then you could just use a placeholder title for the outside world and leave the real one in the notes that only you can see?

• @jlampson  Feb 2022

Ah, thanks! So it sounds like there was a mismatch of expectations. I thought it would hide the entire entry to everyone but me. Instead, it shows it, including the title, but doesn't let you click on it, exactly like you said.

I just tested this again and it does work the way you describe, so it was JUST ME! Typical end user!

On another note, if you have the link to a private song it just redirects to the "All Songs" page.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...