Reaper users!

Skip to the bottom

• @rgarv100 Feb 2022

Hey! I've been using reaper for a bit and still learning as I go. Just tried using the video function for my post today. Trying to get better at doing videos! https://fawm.org/songs/125734/

Anyone else making videos or exploring new plugins for reaper?

• @keithcuts  Feb 2022

I’m a reaper user. Not doing much videos with it though

• @toms  Feb 2022

I learned how to use Adobe Premiere Pro pretty well when we had to teach everything on line, and I never even thought about using Reaper for video. Is it pretty easy to use for video?

• @wacha  Feb 2022

Ally recordings are done in Reaper a d I'm always on the lookout for new plug-ins. I've done a little video syncing with Reaper but that's about it. I've played around with a few other free video editors but decided I didn't want to have to learn how to make video.

• @ianuarius Feb 2022

When I do tutorials, you can't beat Reaper's dynamic split combined with ripple editing. Can get those pauses out of the video 20000x faster than by hand.

• @mardeycranbleson  Feb 2022

I am a reaper user.

• @jwhanberry  Feb 2022

I'm a Reaperite as well but don't do video.

• @rgarv100 Feb 2022

@toms its kind of like reaper. haha a bit daunting at first. but I think its handy because you can edit the sound layers for your video very well which is more limited in other video editing. and beyond that its very simple video editing which is what i really need for my videos at this point.

Ooh @ianuarius can you say more about ripple editing / link to a tutorial?

• @jwhanberry  Feb 2022

@rgarv100 Look here under "editing" https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php

• @spingo  Feb 2022

I use it to make song videos for YouTube with a static photo (protip: 1 fps keeps the file size way down), but that it's for video. Been using it for years and enjoy its versatility, though.

And the JS and Rea- plugins and such are largely unknown but good! I use ReaComp on everything just as mix glue.

• @rgarv100 Feb 2022

@jwhanberry thanks!

• @loveonamixtape  Feb 2022

Been learning Reaper this FAWM and enjoying it! But I have a question about adding plugins. I just downloaded thishttps://www.dskmusic.com/dsk-guitars-steel/ But can't find it in my Virtual Instruments. I went to preferences, found the path with the new plug-in downloaded to and added it, but it's not showing up in my Virtual Instruments. This is my first time trying to add plugins and I did a Google and followed the steps with still no dice, so not sure if I'm missing something obvious! I'm on a Mac!

• @vomvorton  Feb 2022

@loveonamixtape looks like that plugin is PC-only unfortunately! Most plugins will offer a separate download for Mac / PC if they support it.

@vomvorton LOL jeezus, okay that would explain it, I guess! I'll move it onto my Windows tablet, then. I swear I work in IT, don't tell my boss about this, please!

• @vomvorton  Feb 2022

@loveonamixtape too late I'm afraid, this is now on your permanent record ;)

• @zecoop  Feb 2022

@vomvorton - Oh, yeah? Well, don't get so distressed. Did I happen to mention that I'm impressed?

• @vomvorton  Feb 2022

@zecoop no need to get so Violent!

• @zecoop  Feb 2022

@vomvorton - :D fine… I take one, one, one cause you left me…

• @kevinmason  Feb 2022

Long time Reaper user here. Absolutely love this piece of software!

• @zecoop  Feb 2022

I switched in 2018 and just love it - such a powerful tool and once I got the basics figured out have had no issues! :)

• @prsongsmith  Feb 2022

Longtime Reaper user here - I often use the video features for basic editing, combining multitrack audio with vide (including "virtual choir" type stuff during the pandemic, where I had to mix the audio from multiple iphone videos from -- dropping them all into Reaper makes it super easy to align/sync the audio tracks while keeping the individual videos synched with their own tracks) You can also drop JPG files into a video track to make title cards, etc.

• @prsongsmith  Feb 2022

If you haven't discovered it already, Kenny Gioia's "ReaperMania" channel on YouTube (also accessible through the Reaper website) is some of the best "how-to" content on the internet. If there's something you're not sure how to do in Reaper, chances are that Kenny has a clear, comprehensive video tutorial for it already... https://www.youtube.com/c/REAPERMania

• @keithcuts  Feb 2022

@prsongsmith second Kenny’s videos !!

• @jwhanberry  Feb 2022

Big shoutout to Kenny Gioia's body of work. Part of my daily diet!

• @hbusse  Feb 2022

Reaper newbie here! Been using it off and on for about a year just for simple projects. Love it so far though.

Oh no, it's me again. Forgive the crosspost but I've been dealing with this frustration off an on for years ("off" only because I periodically give up.) But I'm really trying to have things not sound like shite this year! ANYWAY:

I've been struggling with my AudioBox I feel like ever since I got it -- mainly, recording through it seems to produce an EXTREMELY quiet recording (like, barely audible) with mostly static. I clearly just have no idea what I'm doing, even though I'm quite tech literate (I PROMISE! IGNORE MY PREVIOUS POST IN THIS VERY THREAD) and have even tried to work with PreSonus support. I'm using a Shure SM57 mic and bought brand new cables, so it shouldn't be the cables.

I've tried in Studio One and now in Reaper, checked my inputs, and it's the same problem all around -- can barely pickup a sound, except for static. Anyone experience similar issue or know what I might be missing? Thank you!

• @nancyrost  Feb 2022

I got an AudioBox when all my good old stuff became obsolete a couple years ago, and have struggled with the same issues. It seems like moving the physical location of the interface and plugging into a different outlet made a difference.

• @guatecoop  Feb 2022

Reaper....Yes. For VIDEO!?!?!?! WHHHHAAAATTTT???? Oh my goodness. My mind is blown. I just got done with a video/audio spot for work and I used Open Shot, just like I did last year for the video collab.....oh my. this is going to change a lot. Thanks for this topic!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...