Mid-FAWM Virtual Reception, Sunday, February 13, 9-11 p.m. UTC/4-6 p.m. EST

Skip to the bottom

• @kenmattsson  Feb 2022

Hello all,

I hosted a lovely pre-FAWM virtual gathering, and it was so popular that I'm going to hosting another one on Sunday, February 13th from 9-11 p.m. UCT/4-6 p.m. Eastern US Standard Time (You can work out your time zone here: https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/)

Below are the details, but check in with people who were at the last one if you are wondering if it's worth it.

For this we'll be using Kumospace, which functions like a virtual house, with different rooms, and you can only hear people who are in proximity near you, so you can have private conversations just by moving to a different part of a room, just like at a real party. You can also join in with conversations just by moving closer to people. You can even go to different rooms, get a virtual drink, listen to music or watch a video, and a few other things. More information what Kumospace is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPU_8V6w7JU.

Notes:
    * I am hosting it at https://www.kumospace.com/kenmattsson.
    * You will need to register with Kumospace, but that should take you a minute or less.
    * I have found that for older versions of Kumospace, it worked better on a laptop than a mobile device. They might have fixed it but if you have an issue, you might want to resign in on a new device.
    * When you come in, there are three different rooms you can join: the Main Reception, the BeaconBeats Pub, and the Kumospace Lounge. Come into the Main Reception first to get oriented, and you can go into one of the other rooms if it gets crowded and you want to get away.
    * I have a limit of 30 people per room and 90 people total. I doubt we'll get that high, but if you're having a problem getting in, this might be the issue.

I'll also monitor this Forum Topic during the time, so if you're having a problem getting in, leave a message here.

Hope to see many of you there!

• @gardeningangel1  Feb 2022

Sweet!!! So 1PM Spacific Time for all my fellow US west coasters :)

• @andygetch  Feb 2022

Had family visiting so I missed the kickoff. I look forward to this one!

• @darcistrutt  Feb 2022

This sounds fascinating. I hope to give it a try.

• @coolparadiso  Feb 2022

Was excellent @kenmattsson if its a similar time which it looks like it is i will be there!

• @unpronounceable  Feb 2022

Darn, I'll be on wifi detox so I'll have to miss it. My heart says hey.

• @vivalarayna Feb 2022

Awesome! I was sad to have missed the first one. Glad to have another one to look forward to!

• @kenmattsson  Feb 2022

Just want to bump this to remind people to start thinking about joining us on Sunday!

It's a great way to actually chat in person with people, and it's not as chaotic as a large Zoom group!

• @seemanski  Feb 2022

I saw prefawm pop up and wanted to attend but I had plans. Hopefully I can pop along on 13th, I'll make a reminder for myself.

• @jtsteam  Feb 2022

This sounds fun. I might see if I can pop in. It'll be nice to meet the people behind the usernames (and indeed the people behind the songs!)

• @darcistrutt  Feb 2022

I stuck it in my calendar 3:00 Wisconsin time!

• @nadine Feb 2022

I'll try but it's Sunday late night in Europe. Have to work on Monday... meh!

• @ajna1960  Feb 2022

If I remember I might pop along, but I am not a late night person lately lol

• @adnama17  Feb 2022

Commenting so I can remember!

• @robynmackenzie  Feb 2022

Yesssss I'll be there!

• @scubed  Feb 2022

Sounds great! I hope I can make it.

• @sph  Feb 2022

Hope to be there at least in the first hour.

• @coolparadiso  Feb 2022

Sorry @kenmattsson i wont be able to make it now!

• @kenmattsson  Feb 2022

@pianoonthepatio, Please come to this!

• @pianoonthepatio Feb 2022

checked out the link and it looks like SIMS lol. Thanks for the invite @kenmattsson , so excited to meet you all on Sunday!

• @kenmattsson  Feb 2022

I hope other people will see this and plan on coming on Sunday (or Monday morning if you're in Australia or New Zealand).

• @gm7  Feb 2022

Save me a seat!

• @kenmattsson  Feb 2022

Just a bump and a particular invitation for our wonderful lyricists and music-only people to come, as this could be a great place to talk shop, or find a collaborator.

in about 30 hours we'll be meeting if that fits your schedule!

• @seemanski  Feb 2022

Thanks for the reminder, I hope to join

• @kenmattsson  Feb 2022

Reminder, we're meeting in about 4 hours! Come early or late; stay early or late. Drop by just to say hello. You're welcome whenever.

• @kenmattsson  Feb 2022

Guess I didn't really factor in the Super Bowl (US NFL) starting at 6:30 p.m. tonight, and some people might be heading off to parties. Anyway, drop in if you can and we'll start in just over 15 minutes.

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 2022

i am here - a woman alone!

• @kenmattsson  Feb 2022

Come on in! There are a whole bunch of us having chats.

• @wylddandelyon Feb 2022

I had to rejoin to get sound. The help was no help at all, but leaving and rejoining worked.

Leaving this here in case someone else has that problem.

• @jtsteam  Feb 2022

Thanks for hosting this @kenmattsson! It was nice to meet you all!

• @kenmattsson  Feb 2022

Thanks everyone for coming! I'm planning on doing a Virtual FAWM Over Party in a similar space in the beginning of March. Figured I'll do it on a Saturday afternoon for US/Canada, which will be Saturday night in Europe and Sunday morning in Australia/NZ. Hope people can make it!

• @winchperry  Feb 2022

Aw, sorry I missed the announcements about this. I was focused on a skirmish at that time and housework. I'll try to catch the post fawm party! Thank you for hosting it.

• @kenmattsson  Feb 2022

@winchperry, sorry you missed it too. I tried to post a bunch recently to bring it to the top of the forums. I will be doing it again, at least after FAWM, and I might do another quick check in reception sometime.

• @nadine Feb 2022

Thanks a lot for organising @kenmattsson !

• @ajna1960  Feb 2022

I was simply too tired after a very late night working the night before (bed @ 2am). Sorry to have missed you all :)
    Re FAWM after party, if it's late Saturday night, I won't make that one either !

• @cairobraga  Feb 2022

will there be another one of these?

• @kenmattsson  Feb 2022

@cairobraga, I am planning a FAWM Over Reception, most likely the first weekend of March, and I'm trying to find a time when the most people in the most time zones can make it.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...