Countdown Thread!

Skip to the bottom

• @cblack Jan 2022

Holy damnation, I want February to get here NOW! First I was waiting for the forums to open, and they sated me for a few days. Now? Now we need the songs. Songs to write. Songs to listen to! Songs for the wild orgy that is FAWM!

So this is the official countdown thread.

Right now, it's a little after 5pm on January 24th in South Australia. That means 7 days and 7 hours to go...

175 hours left 'til FAWM, SA time! Arghhhh!!!

• @wylddandelyon Jan 2022

I'm feeling impatient too!

• @gm7  Jan 2022

Are we there yet!?
    BTW..January is the looooongest month of the year.

• @celineellis  Jan 2022

It feels like the 93rd of January today!!!!!

• @xfloorpunchx  Jan 2022

Same here... The softwares and the instruments are already ready!

• @tinear  Jan 2022

@gm7 September is the longest (with 9 letters) but January is definitely the slowest month of the year ;)

• @xfloorpunchx  Jan 2022

What about doing a Skirmishes before the end of the month ?

• @pbtaylorjr  Jan 2022

10 seconds left until midnight. 9 chances to drown ourselves in black hair dye. 8 faces turned away from the shock. 7 windows and 6 of them were locked. 5 stories falling 4 ever and ever. 3 cheers to the mirror and now there are 2 of us. Can we have 1 last dance?

• @gubna Jan 2022

New strings on the guitar - check.

Pulled down the bin of weird little instruments from the attic - check.

Various pieces of gear strew about on the recording desk - check.

List of random song titles, prompts, and ideas sitting in a journal - check

What have I forgotten to set up? All those samples I said I'd get together and put into various samplers. Program a few drum beats? Learn how to use some of my musical instruments? HA!

• @cblack Jan 2022

161 hours to go where I am...

• @cblack Jan 2022

157 hours. Tick tock.

• @whispermouse  Jan 2022

I can see February in the weather forecast...

• @cblack Jan 2022

151 hours.

• @dreamscuba  Jan 2022

I'm pretty damn keen to get going. A last-minute decision to reorganise my home office (still working from home) means that I just need to get things in place...with a new desk coming during FAWM. It all means a little more comfort for FAWMing this year...
    tick tick tick...

• @cblack Jan 2022

139 hours.

• @celineellis  Jan 2022

Finalising my tax return tomorrow. Then restring the guitars!!

• @cblack Jan 2022

128.5 hours... Better get back to work on my time machine. This waiting is difficult!

• @cblack Jan 2022

(Huh... Was 4 hours out on that 139. I'll blame it on the morning. ;) )

• @cblack Jan 2022

123ish.

Started this thread at 175. 52 down so far... Feels like longer.

• @timfatchen  Jan 2022

Displacement activity. Scrap wheels on old bike. Completing music from Falls Ck early January. Tuning elec guitar, elec bass, CBG, uke. Sorting whistles recorders. Fighting with MIDI recorder. Fighting with mixer. Fighting with heat/humidity exhaustion and Demanding Dog. Twitching in Forums. Amidst all this I need to get down to boat. Before Jan 31. No crises in sight for the first year in who knows how long. since 2012? Don't push fate, he mutters.

• @frogspawn Jan 2022

Countdown to 1 Feb? Surely you jest. Give me a prod on 1 March and I'll emerge then, okay?

• @cts  Jan 2022

Still plugging away at getting my studio together and organizing my notes and checking out new virtual instruments. I've got some production goals, too, but I'm going to post said goals on another thread. It won't be long soon, folks. FAWM goodness awaits!

• @cblack Jan 2022

I made note of how many challenges I've signed up for, and I'm at 7 already. Can't really do any more prep. Lyrics-only this year. Don't even want to come up with concepts yet. Feels too much like cheating. So I have nothing but time to waste...

• @jorgevallentine Jan 2022

[Spongebob Voice] I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!

• @metalfoot  Jan 2022

Of course this week is the slow week at work where I'd have lots of time to work on songs and NEXT week is the week with lots going on. Of course. Is it Feb 1 yet?

• @cblack Jan 2022

111!

• @elainedimasi  Jan 2022

Let's see, are there a finite number of things I can do in the next five days to make the time go by?
    - String a guitar and pick up an amp head
    - Do a demo track in a new-to-me chiptune app
    - Pull a midi controller off a high high shelf and see if it still does anything
    - Buy new blank notebooks: done!
    - Refresh FAWM forums incessantly: doesn't count!

Thursday, friday, saturday, sunday, monday....

• @cblack Jan 2022

Under 107 hours!

I'm running out of productive prep to do. Perhaps I should just write a song.

• @timfatchen  Jan 2022

@whispermouse I'm totally out of productive prep. Try FAWMerick for metrical and rhyme practice? FAWMonnet for lyrical lyrics? FAWMku for bitter brittle wit? No help for music. But at least I'm getting accompaniments done for short flute/wind pieces I played at waterfalls earlier in Jan. (PS the waterfalls took no notice.)

• @spazsquatch Jan 2022

When the site was up I had an epiphany that February was only 2 weeks away, now I can't believe there are still over 100 hours to go!

• @cblack Jan 2022

101.25 hours to go...

• @intoyourlight  Jan 2022

I am so excited, its my first time :D so I just want it to start!!!!

• @gm7  Jan 2022

T-Minus 5 sleeps ( i think that is correct 4 depending where you live)

4 sleeps if you stay up past midnight on the 31st!

@whispermouse which I totally do!!

• @gm7  Jan 2022

@wylddandelyon
    yes...i will be staying up

• @cblack Jan 2022

87 hours where I am! (Australia, aka Futureland.)

• @timfatchen  Jan 2022

@cblack Just remember, the future's not all it's cracked up to be. New Zealand exists to prove the point to us here in Oz!!!

• @cblack Jan 2022

79 hours!!!

• @cblack Jan 2022

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the most impatient people on this site. :P

3 sleeps. Maybe more like 2.5 with the way I've been sleeping lately.

• @standup  Jan 2022

I still need to change electric guitar strings.

Doing a big grocery run today. My wife and I both do FAWM, so there’s nobody running the place in February.

Our freezer has been full for a long time, so yesterday we got a mini-freezer to add storage capacity. This weekend I’m going to make a big pot of burrito filling stuff, my wife might make a big pot of beans. We already have some soup, a quart of gumbo, and I have some risotto in the fridge that needs to go In the freezer. Big cooking this weekend to stock up and load the new mini freezer.

• @andygetch  Jan 2022

- Mid January I put new strings on guitars and putting them into a variety of alternate tunings so I don't spend the first five minutes of a skirmish retuning.
    - Listed a few vague song ideas although I mostly am a blank slate.
    - Put dots on the cello a few days ago. Had to de-tune strings so I am still slowly tuning up to pitch LOL.
    - Sent out and responded to a few collab inquiries. More are likely.
    - Ongoing soundboard hellos.
    - Commenting on far more forum threads than I intended.
    - Took some time off from work this week for quality time with family and friends, and naps.

• @cblack Jan 2022

64.5 hours to go... Goddess this is torture!

• @cblack Jan 2022

57.25 hours...

2 sleeps 'til 00:00 on the 1st.

• @cblack Jan 2022

• @cblack Jan 2022

28.5 hours to go in Adelaide! Ahhhhhhh!!!

• @timfatchen  Jan 2022

Twitch twitch in the Adelaide Hills...

I can start writing after midnight tomorrow night, making it something like 40 hours here...

• @gm7  Jan 2022

@cblack Your hilarious. You have the chops to work part time with NASA....just add the "T-minus " ;-)

• @timfatchen  Jan 2022

23hrs and 38 mins to local midnight! No wait, 37 minutes!

• @aeye Jan 2022

Let’s gooooo. We made our album art and are just counting down now. Almost time for the flood gates of creativity to open

• @cblack Jan 2022

@gm7 Except counting down to a rocket launch is far less exciting than FAWM. ;)

17 hours!!!

• @timfatchen  Jan 2022

Lighting up my CBG now! Smokin'.

@aeye what a good idea! [opens micrografx for post-dog-walking]

• @standup  Jan 2022

We took down our Christmas tree today. Taking everything off the tree and disassembling it took exactly the duration of the Ventures’ Christmas album.

Getting it all in the attic took a little longer.

But it really needed to happen before FAWM, and we blew our other attempts to schedule this During the last few weeks v

27 hours. That's a nice number, 3 cubed.

Wednesday's gig just got cancelled, so week 1 is looking a lot more open than it was.

Good job on the tree @standup, never good for Christmas decorations to see the light of February.

• @cblack Jan 2022

9 hours 18 minutes!

• @sheilerk  Jan 2022

Twenty five and a half hours, but who’s counting?

• @cblack Jan 2022

Nobody's counting. It's very unsettling.

8 hours, 34 minutes!!!!!!!

• @dzdandcunfsd  Jan 2022

@standup I agree it was time to take that down. If your Christmas decorations make it to Feb. you may as well leave them up year round :)

• @timfatchen  Jan 2022

Dammit 8hrs & 28 min to go and i have a readymade folk song. Sigh. I'll put it on tiktok I think. All i was doing was getting a haircut and then tuning the CBG again. (Hot.Cold.Hot.Cold. A pain with loose-tuned instruments.)

• @cblack Jan 2022

Adelaide is 10.5 hours ahead of London. The site opens to songs noon London time. That means 29 hours from now.

6.5 hours here, 29 hours 'til official. I think... Or is it 5 hours 'til official?

• @gm7  Jan 2022

Simply put..we are almost there.
    Will there be fireworks..I love fireworks.

• @cblack Jan 2022

Fireworks AND a bouncy castle!

• @mahtowin  Jan 2022

I am not sure about the start in Germany … think its nearly the same like London - so it will be tomorrow round noon … puh …
    Champagne and fireworks would be great! I think, I will do a little by myself …
    Beside FAWM I start a new job - so there will two reasons to celebrate life!

• @coolparadiso  Jan 2022

You get to 1 Feb 30 minutes before me up here. [@cblack] I always start work as soon as it s Feb 1 so I can post as soon as Fawm opens. As now it is 4.42 to go here. I think Fawm opens noon in London so for me it won't be until 10 tomorrow evening. Yay a whole day to write stuff!

• @timfatchen  Jan 2022

For newcomers wondering: I work from local midnight to local midnight. So it's not cheating, right? What WOULD be cheating would be working from local midnight until site closure at midnight on the IDL. That would give an unfair time advantage, so being honourable, I don't do it. Besides, it would give the Kiwis an even BIGGER time advantage, which would be hugely unfair since they already have all the resources of Middle Earth to draw on.

• @cblack Jan 2022

I'm actually more excited about the sudden tidal wave of songs than I am about making my own.

I mean, I'll write something before the posting opens, as it'll be 10.30pm on the 1st by then. But what I'm really wanting is the manic energy you only get when the entire site is going nuts. :)

• @cblack Jan 2022

Yep - local time to local time.

• @cblack Jan 2022

So those of us in Futureland will stop posting even when other countries still have hours available.

• @timfatchen  Jan 2022

Manic energy...yes, that's the drug/stimulant/spur/whip/galvaniser. (Don't mention the last to @frogspawn or Flying Tadpole, they're a wee bit sensitive)

Yeah I stop when February ends here! I think 1 year I did do a late one as a farewell song but did own up and I had done over 30 already. But yup generally i just do all of February in my local time.

• @celineellis  Jan 2022

Make it tomorrow already!!!!!!

• @tukayandryan  Jan 2022

So excited for this year!!

• @cblack Jan 2022

2 hours 20 minutes for me. Not certain if I'll still be awake. I don't normally stay up 'til midnight.

• @timfatchen  Jan 2022

Just recorded the Guppy Song, it's so truly terrible. It'll be on tiktok. But I'll probably start being serious and into FAWM tomorrow morning, so not to worry @cblack Anyway, I bet the Kiwis are already scribbling and recording...

• @gardeningangel1  Jan 2022

If my timezone math is correct, we have 24 hrs. to go
    starting...
    now.

• @cblack Jan 2022

Yes! That was 24 hours 'til song posting. :)

1 hour 17 minutes...

• @timfatchen  Jan 2022

0002hrs on 1 Feb here, and I'm going to bed!!

• @yewnorker Jan 2022

An hour and a half til February and we have to wait around for the Londeners to wake up and have their tea and crumpets?

• @tinear  Jan 2022

@yewnorker er, we don't eat our crumpets until at least 4pm don't you know
    And isn't your maths is a little off? - New York time, 1 Feb starts in a little over 14 hours
    Everyone else is actually waiting on the USA to wake up! :)

• @cblack Jan 2022

Ha, this is funny. I remember checking my phone, which said 11:43pm. Then I'm waking up at 1am. I literally fell asleep 15 minutes before midnight lol.

Anyway, I awoke at 1am, and I now have my first set of lyrics. It is 2am. I should probably go back to sleep now...

• @vivalarayna Jan 2022

Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?

Yup we are here @vivalarayna

• @vivalarayna Jan 2022

@coolparadiso - Oh, just gloat about it, why don't you! We're 5 hours 31 minutes to go here in the States. *sigh*

Well you asked @vivalarayna :-)

• @cblack Jan 2022

12 hours 15 minutes 'til songs open!

• @celineellis  Jan 2022

i'm contemplating staying up and writing once its hit midnight - my own private Skirmish!! 7 minutes to go!

• @bradbrubaker  Jan 2022

@celineellis - You wouldn't be the only one! :)

• @kawautv Jan 2022

1:35 AM in my country ... do I still have to wait?

• @spikedirection  Jan 2022

It's officially 00:38 on the first here now, so 11 hours and change until the site unlocks!

@kawautv some people do it differently. some wait for the site to open. A lot of us go on local time so as soon as it is 1 February local time we can start writing! as @timfatchen pointed out earlier in this thread the trade off is we finish when February ends in our local time. I have written a few lyrics already now and started recording.

• @yewnorker Jan 2022

Sorry about the crumpets

Just over 2 hours to go on the east coast of the USA. I've got a couple of fingers of locally produced whiskey to see me through.

In some ways, this feels like a bigger night to me than December 31st. FAWM is really the first thing I look forward to each year, and the year in my memory starts on February 1st.

• @cblack Jan 2022

9 hours, 8 minutes to go.

Already got 2 sets of lyrics. Woo!

• @bachelorb  Jan 2022

2 hours and 45 minutes....... but I’m old...... in 10 hours and 45 minutes, my wife will only hear “huh???” for the next 28 days.......

• @cblack Jan 2022

8.5 hours.

• @timfatchen  Jan 2022

...and having said I would start at local midnight...I haven't! At least not yet...

And out here in UTC-8 we're still counting down 4+ hours til we can start writing...

@celineellis I have great memories from past FAWMs writing from midnight to 3am, then setting an alarm for 6:55am (I was in NY) to get out of bed and mash the site buttons til the song could be posted! :-)

• @yewnorker Jan 2022

Now?

• @nuj4x  Jan 2022

It’s awesome to see everyone excited

• @dudachris Jan 2022

I've heard FAWM described in many ways... @cblack "wild orgy" is not one of them lol. I too am VERY ANXIOUS FOR THE CHAOS!!

• @cblack Jan 2022

@dudachris It is a wild orgy of activity, though. Just, musical rather than sexual. :)

• @jeustan  Jan 2022

I am excited.

• @cblack Jan 2022

6 hours 23 minutes 'til song posting.

It's killing me. I'm literally dead right now.

• @gm7  Jan 2022

@cblack..it's like waiting for Christmas..but with gifts every day for a whole month.

Ha ha @cblack i have a distraction fortunately. Song 1 in the can. 2 and 3 have music.

• @cblack Jan 2022

5 hours!

• @cblack Jan 2022

@coolparadiso I have 2 lyrics done ready to post. Trying not to force them, because that leads to burnout. Might still wind up with 3 lyrics before the songs open, though.

• @outinpublicdrummer  Jan 2022

It’s about 2am here. Countdown is technically over for me??? I just spent an hour writing lyrics, which is something I didn’t really focus on last year. It’s giving me so many sound ideas.

• @intoyourlight  Jan 2022

Was also up to 2 am today (Germany) and wrote some lyrics, then I had to force myself to sleep because had to get up at 8 am again :D

• @outinpublicdrummer  Jan 2022

@intoyourlight hi from the US! I also have to be up in a few hours (thankfully I work from home)

• @cairobraga  Feb 2022

two hours and thirty-six minutes to go!

a song to help you pass the time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny8ndanVbNA

• @majordanby  Feb 2022

I’ve been up since about 5am and have written 2 songs already. God bless my sleep deprived mind. I have the day off today so am hoping to give them the full treatment!

• @ajna1960  Feb 2022

2 hours 21 mins :)

• @donna  Feb 2022

I reckon the last one or two hours before the gates open are the worst! I've got a couple of lyrics in the tweaking process but almost ready to go. A few more ideas clamouring in my brain. Going to be a busy Tuesday. (-:

• @cairobraga  Feb 2022

I was not able to start yet, even though it's been Feb here for 10h and 35min, because I am literally on my onboarding meeting for my new job, hehehe.

BUT I AM SO ANXIOUS TO START!!!

a little less than one hour and thirty minutes to go...
    another song to pass the time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtkGtXtDlQA

• @timfatchen  Feb 2022

Not to worry, I could have been rolling for the last 21.25 hours and I'm nowhere much,,,

• @gardeningangel1  Feb 2022

1 HOUR TO GO!!!

• @vikkiflawith Feb 2022

are we there yet? *makes peanut butter toast and hot chocolate, sharpens pencils, tunes guitar...

• @mishykatz  Feb 2022

Ready .... Set...... FLOW

• @coolparadiso  Feb 2022

20 minutes! Big storm here just waiting to knock my internet out (which is a fairly common occurrence). Will it hold on for me!

• @mahtowin  Feb 2022

5 minutes left now.
    Have a great and joyful time, folks!

• @billwhite51 Feb 2022

2 minutes. where is the add song button?

• @jackdawfactories  Feb 2022

whoops

• @kiffa Feb 2022

Well, that was anti-climactic.

not here @billwhite51

• @nuj4x  Feb 2022

I’ve stayed up all night for this lol

• @dutch1967 Feb 2022

eeeeerm...

• @donna  Feb 2022

Gate's late to open. )-:

• @petemurphy  Feb 2022

It broken

Not the first time technology has stumbled, and undoubtedly won't be the last! Now it's a fun surprise for all of us ;)

• @kiffa Feb 2022

Frustratingly Awful Website Malfunction

• @dutch1967 Feb 2022

I bet I know what it is.... Lemme just go into the kitchen and brew a coffee. By the time I get back to the laptop there's bound to be a gazillion songs in here.

• @dragondreams  Feb 2022

Glad it's not just me who thought he was locked out. ;-)

• @dutch1967 Feb 2022

A watched kettle and the such.

• @max  Feb 2022

Bummer

• @frenchcricket  Feb 2022

Did any of you see that ‘10, 9, 8…’ video of people in central London waiting to watch the fireworks at new year? Only for them to be cancelled cos of Covid.

• @bradbrubaker  Feb 2022

D'oh.

• @timfatchen  Feb 2022

It's giving me time to get uploaded to youtube?

• @billwhite51 Feb 2022

aw,,,and i got up so early to write a song... guss i should write another while waiting

• @lyricslinger  Feb 2022

Wonder if the delay will inspire any 'I got the late FAWM start blues' type songs?

• @donna  Feb 2022

@dutch Exactly! LOL I'm afraid to step away from my laptop for one minute!

February is just an illusion

• @mckillop  Feb 2022

FAWMed to launch!

• @gm7  Feb 2022

It's not alive It's not alive!!
    Our FAWMinstein is broken.
    BUT it will happen

FAWM a while more :)

shall we have a sing along

Can someone small climb in through a window and unlock it from the inside? ;-)

• @gm7  Feb 2022

Shock him again !

February?? Ah, Website Maintenance.

• @dutch1967 Feb 2022

@gm7 LOL

Fizzling Awakeness Wanna Nap

• @gm7  Feb 2022

Ok my saying is "If you hurry you worry" let's have a quiet moment ...we will not have many in Feb.

• @frenchcricket  Feb 2022

Does anyone know any jokes?

• @nuj4x  Feb 2022

What do you call an owl named Annie?

• @dutch1967 Feb 2022

Guy walks into a FAWM

Annie, I imagine

• @billwhite51 Feb 2022

we should all be on zoom so we could watch onee another wait ....imagine if this were a rodeo and the bullpen gates got stuck

• @mckillop  Feb 2022

@nuj4s a hooting' Annie?

• @petemurphy  Feb 2022

@frenchcricket -

What's orange and sounds like a parrot?

A carrot.

I dunno, @nuj4x . What?

• @nuj4x  Feb 2022

A hootenanny! :)

• @nadine Feb 2022

Panic - Panic - Panic!

• @kiffa Feb 2022

We've all just been watching the clock
    But the website has yet to unlock
    All the FAWMers, so eager
    Are wholly beleaguered
    And asking themselves, "What the fock?"

• @gm7  Feb 2022

If you are a Monty Python fan...remember the line
    It's only a flesh wound man....so ..it can be fixed!

• @mckillop  Feb 2022

FAWMxiety

The train to all places musical has been delayed, please stand clear of the platform!

• @mckillop  Feb 2022

@kiffa. LOL!

• @yewnorker Feb 2022

Fawmin at the mouth

• @sophielynette Feb 2022

Has this turned into a chatroom? I'll join. I like bad jokes.

• @donna  Feb 2022

@kiffa LOL (-: (-:

• @shac Feb 2022

That I'm here waiting for the website to unlock and noticing it's late is a sign I'm not focusing on the right things!

Off to tune the guitar...

• @johnstaples  Feb 2022

FAWM bwoke! :(

• @gm7  Feb 2022

Ok we need a new extension cord!

• @cts  Feb 2022

What is going on over here? It feels like Black Friday at Best Buy.

• @nuj4x  Feb 2022

I think I’ll start writing a book about all the songs I ought to be posting right now…

I’ll call it an oughtobiography…

• @gm7  Feb 2022

@yewnorker that's a classic ;.)

• @doeeyes  Feb 2022

I feel guilty making Burr spend all that time changing the font now.

• @dudachris Feb 2022

@nuj4x good one lol

there was a group of musicians
    who liked to keep up traditions
    But it started late
    While we wait at the gate
    I think we need a magician

• @gm7  Feb 2022

I'm sure they are in panic mode to get it fixed. No problem on my end. BUt we do have the entire world waiting. lol

Working on my second tune while I wait. Not hitting F5 repeatedly... honest! ;-)

• @gm7  Feb 2022

Burr will do his magic he has a FAWM attachment to this site

• @dudachris Feb 2022

I wonder how much it is helping that we are all jumping back to the homepage/refreshing every 15 seconds or so

• @petemurphy  Feb 2022

We should all fill out a complaint fawm.

• @dudachris Feb 2022

You know this reminds me, I'm almost always broke so I've never monetarily contributed to FAWM. I think that's got to change this year. It has been such a big part of my life, the workers deserve their pay :D

• @nuj4x  Feb 2022

@dudachris lol I feel like it’s super unlikely there is enough of us here to even make a dent in the server’s load capacity lol

• @dudachris Feb 2022

PLZ everyone who writes a song about FAWM being late, make sure the last verse or bridge gives love to the people that make this happen <3

oops quickly writes new bridge :-)

• @dudachris Feb 2022

@nuj4x fair, I was trying to be funny not overly concerned actually :D

Anyway I've gotta be elsewhere for a few mins, maybe when I'm back FAWM will be operational :D

• @gm7  Feb 2022

3 French horns
    2 verses and a
    chord progression on the page

• @donna  Feb 2022

@bradbrubaker LOL! (-: (-:

• @gm7  Feb 2022

We are in overtime..tied 0-0

its getting close to tomorrow here! I will let you know

• @billwhite51 Feb 2022

there was a ukrainian with a wheelbarrow. , he didn t have any thing but a wheelbarrow. so he placed an ad in the newspaper saying "ukrainian with a wheelbarrow." he waited and waited but received no response, so the next day he placed the ad again "ukrainian with a wheelbarrow." no response. but he refused to gove uo. every day he placed the same ad, waiting and hoping that one day somebody would want a ukrainian with a wheelbarrow

• @gm7  Feb 2022

Burr and the gang are awesome they will make it happen.

• @nuj4x  Feb 2022

@billwhite51 I just want a fawm site with a submit button lol…

I have to go to bed but I'm waiting for the end of that wheelbarrow joke

• @timfatchen  Feb 2022

Bed for me. Got no.1 ready to go. Macci the Milch Dog is tired and wants to go to bed too.

night @timfatchen i wont be here much longer!

• @johnstaples  Feb 2022

Did anyone send out the Bat Signal to @burrsettles?

• @billwhite51 Feb 2022

@sophielynette is not a joke, it .is an allegory

• @kiffa Feb 2022

"This might take a while", Kiffa reckoned
    And his comfortable bed softly beckoned
    And as slumber was needed,
    At last he conceded,
    "We'll try this again on the 2nd"

• @gm7  Feb 2022

Just about have an instrumental completed.....4th attempt . new strings take a few days to break-in to make them play easier .

• @thedutchwidows  Feb 2022

The FAWM twitter feed has a good sense of humour!

• @gm7  Feb 2022

@johnstaples
    great album cover!

• @gm7  Feb 2022

My F5 is broken

• @johnstaples  Feb 2022

The songs page URL is working, https://fawm.org/songs/

I tried https://fawm.org/songs/add/ and it redirects to my profile page.

• @celineellis  Feb 2022

Fiveeeeeeee Cowwwwwww Belllllllllsssss

4 power chords
    3 french horns
    2 dodgy verses
    and a Chorus in the key of Ceeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• @sapient  Feb 2022

Hmm. Did will all miss an hour somewhere, and it's actually going to open for us in 11mins from now...?

• @gm7  Feb 2022

Well sung @celineellis

• @nuj4x  Feb 2022

@sapient i had considered that too

Fawmlight saving

• @celineellis  Feb 2022

did anyone suggest turning it off and back on again?!

• @sapient  Feb 2022

@celineellis or giving it a bit of a whack. One of those usually does the trick ;)

• @caseewilson  Feb 2022

Website says 12pm London time, which is 1pm Spain time, and it's 1:50pm here in sunny Madrid...

• @burrsettles  Feb 2022

I'm on it — it's an issue with the time zone of the new server this year.

For some reason the server is NOT returning GMT/UTC correctly, so the auto-unlock isn't working properly.

Trying a manual override as I figure out what time zone it thinks it's in...

• @caseewilson  Feb 2022

Cheers for the update, Hero @burrsettles !

• @gm7  Feb 2022

Burr and the gang are under pressure...we can wait
    It's like having your prof look over your should as you so your finals in
    bio-chem !

• @zecoop  Feb 2022

Did you try the Red button? You should always try the big red button first.

pick my time zone :-)

• @sapient  Feb 2022

Thanks, @burrsettles ! :D

seriously yeah we wouldn't have it without him - hey we have made the most of it!

• @sapient  Feb 2022

@zecoop - what, the one that says DO NOT TOUCH?
    That red button?
    Yeah, what's the worst that could happen...

• @gm7  Feb 2022

Is the clock battery in the server dead??

• @gm7  Feb 2022

I have used the red button or sometimes I kick it...same thing!

• @dutch1967 Feb 2022

Had the same issue with my coffeemaker. Now THAT was a problem.
    No cawfee inna mawnin? Me no funkshin.

But, like, what even is time, man?

its up

• @burrsettles  Feb 2022

It is done.

• @gm7  Feb 2022

@bradbrubaker ...good one you had me going for a second!

YAY @burrsettles !!

• @xfloorpunchx  Feb 2022

Have a dope FAWM everybody!

• @zecoop  Feb 2022

@sapient - that’s the one! It’s a well known fact that the IMPLIED words in that phrase are DO NOT (FORGET TO) TOUCH

The big red button is always the answer. Usually it rings a bell to tell you that you won!

• @gm7  Feb 2022

IT'S ALIVE! THANK BURR

• @mariekevinkmusic  Feb 2022

Happy FAWM everyone!!

• @zecoop  Feb 2022

@sapient - I don’t want to say I told you so, but…

• @nuj4x  Feb 2022

Internal server error when I try to post :(

• @aflinner  Feb 2022

Fortunately, the servers can’t stop us from actually writing. :-) @burrsettles is on the case! (Thanks Burr!) If you’re jonesing to listen to some FAWMers in the meantime though, check out @coolparadiso’s podcast. B-) https://pca.st/episode/7169f471-1bcc-4bab-9c78-30c65cb9a554

• @sapient  Feb 2022

@zecoop gotta love that big red button :D

• @aflinner  Feb 2022

Aaaaaand…IT’S ALIVE!!! Woohoo!

Yay! Now I can go to bed. Thanks Burr!

• @timfatchen  Feb 2022

Thanks Burr. One up. Bed. Comments tomorrow,

• @nuj4x  Feb 2022

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

:(

• @kiffa Feb 2022

Thank you @burrsettles!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...