Roll call: The Planet Werswerzia

Skip to the bottom

• @bradbrubaker  Jan 2022

The city of Mip Mop reporting in! Boy it's been a blorkish winter so far. Ready to rock out some tunes on my quasar keytar.

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

@bradbrubaker hello, fellow Werswerzian here! I used to live in Mip Mop, but moved to Blarghstone after the first Ghurg infestation. I can tolerate the winter, but not the Ghurghs.

This year I'm planning to do something crazy for FAWM, ever heard of "Twelve-tone equal temperament"? It's a crazy musical system that uses *only* 12 intervals for an octave, instead of the traditional 38947. Sounds challenging but fun!

• @toms  Jan 2022

WHAT

• @carleybaer  Jan 2022

@bradbrubaker @elesimo City of Habladoo over here! Didn't think I'd see many Werswerzians about, but I guess we live in an interconnected universe these days. I was just visiting Mip Mop! It did seem like the Ghurghs were more prevalent than I remembered, but I was just there for the open mic at Cafe Smoz so they didn't bother me too much. If you guys haven't been to that open mic yet, I highly recommend it. The host is fantastic though I keep blanking on their name.

• @candle  Jan 2022

Hello all, another Werswerzians checking in. Don't get to Mip Mop much as I'm down in the southern hemisphere in the metropolis of Grünab, part of the Free Yemel States. But I have been to that open mic, @carleybaer & for some reason I can't remember the host's name either, but you're right: he's fantastic!

Anyone a fan of Splunkerball?

See You In The Shadows…

@candle - Splunkerball was actually co-created by an ancestor of mine. The use of the luge was his contribution.

@toms - No, I don't think the host's name was WHAT, though your talent for precognition is noted and appreciated.

• @nancyrost  Jan 2022

Um, mod here. Which regional forum does this belong in?

• @dzdandcunfsd  Jan 2022

@candle I was at the Splunkerball match in '95 that ended in a tie of 3 Glubenballs to 3 for the first time in history. Instead of ending in a tie the competitors agreed to decide the victor with a staring match. I still have 50 whirlizibits on the outcome of that whenever it is decided.

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

@nancyrost this should go to "Elsewhere?" :)

• @standup  Jan 2022

I think this is adjacent to Mornington Crescent? Cuz I have no idea. Guess I’ll use the Google.

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

@standup what is "Google"? Is it some distant relative of the triple tailed G'roooolg?

I rode a G'roooolg once, when staying in Mip Mop, and I do not recommend — the beast got bit in the paw by a stray Ghurg and panicked, whipping me not with one, not with two, but with its THREE barbed tails before dropping me to the ground and running away. I had to walk all the way back home and missed my spot at the Cafe Smoz open mic that night, even though what's his name said he'd save it for me.

• @dzdandcunfsd  Jan 2022

@elesimo I have heard of certain rudimentary studies being done trying to find a way to alleviate the Ghurg infestation, and it goes back to the arcane "Twelve-tone equal temperament" you mentioned you might be experimenting with this fawm. If you play what was called a "pentuptonic?" scale on a loud loop it seems to drive them crazy and they will vacate the infested area.

• @candle  Jan 2022

@bradbrubaker that is some awesome ancestry you have! I can't imagine Splunkerball without a luge!

@dzdandcunfsd, hopefully they break that tie soon. That's why when I place a bet on a match, I make sure to sign up for the Glubenball Breaker option. It might cost an extra fee of 35 whirlizibits, but the longer the match goes on, the more the pot builds.

Also: re: Ghurg infestations, I can atest to @dzdandcunfsd's methodology. There seems to be nothing a Ghurg hates more than those so-called "pentuptonic" scales played really loud. Especially when they're played with something I heard called "Fuzz". Tho, I'm not sure why you'd want more fuzz around if you have a Ghurg infestation…

See You In The Shadows…

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

@dzdandcunfsd @candle thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try! Next month I'll be visiting my cousin Flob in Mip Mop, and when I'm there I'll synthesize a pentuptonic scale with a lot of fuzz (and tag it with #werswerzia)!

• @candle  Jan 2022

@elesimo I look forward to hearing how that works out for you & Flob!

See You In The Shadows…

• @carleybaer  Jan 2022

@candle I was just singing the Splunkerball song the other day! “Take me out to the sand pit, where the luges zoom all day…” I haven’t seen a game since the Habladoo Heroes got moved to Grövox, but maybe one day I’ll get enough whirlizibits together to make the trip. Gonna brush up on those fuzzy pentuptonics too! Just in case an errant Ghurgh shows up…

A lot of Ghurgh hate here. As a Mip Mopoid, let me assure you: You get used to them.

• @airbagtester  Jan 2022

@elesimo re: Cafe Smoz - that would be Svenge, the bartender. He runs the open mic, and has been serving up the best slorgs and vorks in the greater metrovlorgian area since 3066925b.

• @metalfoot  Jan 2022

I think I have a cousin in Blarghstone. I hear it's especially nice in the fall. Not too many Glurghs there either.

I've never been there or to Mip Mop though. Wfyshthëan is the only place I've been in Werswerzia, and that just as a little stop on an interplanetary junket. The takeoffs and landings are the WORST but the travel's not so bad.

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

@airbagtester you're right, Svenge! Short for Svenggalino'rok'tok'foz.

How could I forget, he has the same name as my uncle!

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

@metalfoot the trick for traveling there is to wait for the syzygy — the gravitational pull is greatly reduced when the 3 moons are aligned. If you have some time to waste that's how the No Longer Lonely Planet guide recommends exploring northern Werswerzia.

• @carleybaer  Jan 2022

Yes, Svenge! It was on the tip of my tongue, I kept wanting to say Svonald.

• @woodhornhank  Jan 2022

Svenge has also made holoqluatas,i have one installed on my tooth right now! I have learned so much by sensing him,for example:"If you drink barrel of zhimak every week,Blarghstone will float".When i visited Blarghstone,i drank barrel of zhimak,and it didn`t sink.

• @candle  Jan 2022

Svenge! That was it. I can't believe I forgot that as well. I mean, I went to Morhush School with a guy name Svenge who often ate baked Pronlat's for lunch. Made the entire cafeteria stink like the inside of a Nurmstebble!

@carleybaer I have many fond memories of drunken nights after a particularly rousing Splunkerball game singing the Splunkerball song (out of tune of course!) while trying to down my last bottle of Fruz. Oh, the memories!

See You In The Shadows…

• @carleybaer  Jan 2022

What I wanna know is, where's the Werswerzia FOP happening?? I think we can rule out Wfyshthëan because as @elesimo pointed out, it's best to wait for the syzygy and as we all know, those moons only.align once every 7.8342 years. Let me know where to be and I'll bring my astro-holo-ccordion.

• @candle  Jan 2022

@carleybaer Blarghstone maybe? I mean, it's rather centralized & they do have a lovely café district that really caters to the arts… We could do an open mic at one of them & maybe have Svenge guest host, if he's available. I'd make the trip up from Grünab for sure! I'll bring my holophonor (tho, I'm not very good at playing it!).

See You In The Shadows…

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

@candle I like @toms' precognitive suggestion, the WHAT bazaar has a really big stage, it's even big enough for @bradbrubaker's quasar keytar (I think, don't quote me on that).

My quasar keytar doesn't make many outings these days (due to the difficulty in transporting...even with Uber), but YES @elesimo the WHAT bazaar's stage was big enough.

• @davidbreslin101  Feb 2022

Not on Werswerzia any more, but I do miss the place. It's good to see so many Blarghstone homies still out there glumphing the ol' momphingle. "Hingie gloorg, hingie gloorg...." good times! Anyone from the yoktik plinge scene in Nungi Hurbadabakk doing FAWM this trilunar cycle?

• @bradbrubaker  Feb 2022

@davidbreslin101 - I think there's a separate Nungi Hurbadabakk thread.

• @bradbrubaker  Feb 2022

Howdy, Werswerzians! Boy, is my face puce...I wrote a song for FAWM not realizing the whole time it was stealing the melody from our beloved Werswerzia anthem!

• @elesimo  Feb 2022

@bradbrubaker I think as long as you didn't add to your FAWM song the soprano mammoths doing their trunk solo, it will be hardly recognizable!

• @carleybaer  Feb 2022

@bradbrubaker I remember once upon a time, there was a FAWM challenge to take the melody of our respective anthems and put it to different chords, so just say you were 11 years late! For what it’s worth, I realized that I borrowed heavily from the Splunkerball song for one of my skirmishes, but I’m not gonna sweat it. Just write it and move on, you know?

• @elainedimasi  Feb 2022

Thermistor.

Really annoyed I wasn't able to use my schloopmaphone this FAWM: it caught fire during a Christmas gig, and you just can't get the parts here, Hoping to stop by the shop in Mip Mop next time I'm on Werswerzia.

• @elesimo  Feb 2022

I was able to use the mammoth trunk solo from our anthem in one of my songs! https://fawm.org/songs/132406/ #werswerzia

@elesimo - oh man, not usually the patriotic type but I'm tearing up right now.

• @pipewrench67 Feb 2022

Chiming in kinda late just wanted to say hey from Slaggerg (no, not that one).

Hey from Slaggerg!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...