Your Last Favorite Movie/Show

Skip to the bottom

• @ianuarius Jan 2022

What did you see recently that you just absolutely loved? Can be many things.

• @vomvorton  Jan 2022

I've been watching the X Files. Technically rewatching, but I was very young and I only remember little things. A few days ago I hit the episode "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose", which is always up there when people pick the best episodes of the show. They're right! It's absolutely sensational. Heartbreaking, clever and very funny.

• @cts  Jan 2022

I have been enjoying repeated viewings of Gravity Falls on Disney+. It's like the X-Files and the Goonies wrapped in clever animation.

• @bradbrubaker  Jan 2022

This past year, my sweetie and I finished watching the original 7 Up series all the way through 63 Up. So so so so so good.

• @kiffa Jan 2022

Lately I've really been enjoying "Ghosts" on CBS. I'd say that's the newest addition to my 'must-watch' list. I realize that it's an adaptation of a British show. I haven't seen the original and so I don't know how it measures up, but I like it. And this isn't necessarily my *most* recent favorite movie at this point, but the other night I caught most of "Knives Out" on TV and every time I see it, it brings me such joy. I can't wait for the sequel.

@vomvorton I love "The X-Files" and that episode is a particular favorite. All of Darin Morgan's episodes were fantastic; I love the humor that he brought into the show.

@cts Brilliant show as well. I'm a big animation fan and in that regard I'm not terribly difficult to please, but it was so nice to see an animated show where it felt like they did pretty much everything right: interesting story, intriguing setting, engaging characters, quality animation, and just the right balance of comedy, action, emotion and darkness. And it got to have an *ending*, something far too rare for animated shows.

• @vomvorton  Jan 2022

@kiffa agreed! I just listened to an interview with Darin Morgan and he's an interesting guy. "Humbug" was one of the few episodes I remembered in detail from watching in my youth. Looking forward to Darin's other episodes this season!

• @kiffa Jan 2022

@vomvorton Sounds like you haven't gotten to "Jose Chung's From Outer Space" yet. It's pretty much perfect.

• @sailingmagpie  Jan 2022

@kiffa That episode's one of my faves!

• @sbs2018  Jan 2022

We were totally impressed with “Cruella de Vil.” Liked it much more than the “Jungle Cruise.”

• @nuj4x  Jan 2022

Movie? Ghostbusters Afterlife!
    Show? South Park Post-COVID special!

• @ianuarius Jan 2022

@nuj4x That special was HILARIOUS! If only they didn't have to get into the plot. Just having the characters around was so much more fun.

• @spikedirection  Jan 2022

@kiffa Brit here, we're generally horrified by US adaptations of our shows, but there are notable exceptions like The Office and Shameless. I deeply love Ghosts so its encouraging to hear that the US version might be good.
    i digress.
    My Wife and I just finished Pen15 last night and my GOD that was great. Also finally got around to the ten hour movie that was Midnight Mass and that was astonishing. These two shows have almost nothing in common except that the writing is of impeccable quality.

• @darcistrutt  Jan 2022

I have been in "fantasy" mode lately and watched Wheel of Time, Witcher, and am most of the way through A Discovery of Witches. I think I'll dive into something science fiction after that to mix things up.

• @loveonamixtape  Jan 2022

I pretty much spent my maternity leave with a baby on me binge-watching "The Next Generation" and then "Deep Space Nine," both of which I DID love. Despite being a sci-fi nerd, I somehow never got into Trek when I was younger. Now, will probably be a few Trek-inspired tracks in me this FAWM, ha!

• @kovbleu  Jan 2022

PEOPLE - watch Ted Lasso if you haven't. <3

• @gubna Jan 2022

Farscape.

I don't have regular tv any more but a friend gave me Disney+ for a year so I just watched the Mandalorian, or as I like to call it "Man-Delorian", and I thought it was fun. Marvel's WandaVision was pretty good too.

• @mikeskliar  Jan 2022

movies (all streamed at home)- "C'mon, C'mon", and "The French Dispatch", both of which I really loved. The first selection was a really heartfelt and real story of Joaquin Phoenix playing an uncle, and this incredible 11 year old actor playing the nephew- really well done. "French Dispatch" is the latest Wes Anderson movie- his stuff is very stylized and quirky, but if you like his stuff you'll love this.

Series- currently watching "Maid" (really powerful) and finished recently watching "Borgen" (a Danish political drama).

and of course, music-related, watched all 8 hours of the Beatles 'Get Back' which was awesome.

• @scottlake Jan 2022

I’m a sucker for the Great British Baking Show

• @tinear  Jan 2022

Movie - Power of the Dog. I thought this was terrific. Slow mover in terms of plot but the atmospheric tension is superb and there’s some great landscape cinematography.

TV - even though it’s old I’ve been watching Seinfeld for the first time. Also The Fabulous Mrs. Meisel.

• @dzdandcunfsd  Jan 2022

Show - The Expanse IMO the best hard sci-fi show ever made, though Futurama will always be my favorite

Movie - Twin Peaks : Fire Walk With Me I mostly missed Twin Peaks when it was a thing I halfway remember most of the original series when it was airing, but figured I'd start here to actually view it all.

• @carleybaer  Jan 2022

We just stumbled upon Counterpart not too long ago, and somehow I hadn't heard much about it but it is really good so far. Definitely a must for any JK Simmons fans.

• @ianuarius Jan 2022

@kovbleu YES! The first season of Ted Lasso was brilliant. Wholesome and innovative. Can't recommend enough.

Second season... Not so much. But second seasons these days usually aren't.

• @wacha  Jan 2022

The Children's Hour, it's an old black and white movie but I watched it for the first time a few weeks ago and it has stuck with me.

• @hurongrand  Jan 2022

Love all the X-Files fans! TXF is one of my favorite shows of all time (even if it's older than I am). I actually think I wrote a song about it at some point last year...

Anyway, I really enjoyed the miniseries adaptation of Station Eleven.

• @kable Jan 2022

Darn, should have come here before making my own thread, but Arcane. Arcane, Arcane, Arcane.

Watch Arcane.

@cts Gravity Falls is great. Been looking for more shows along the lines of it, got any more favs to share?

• @scottlake Jan 2022

Summer of Soul was awesome for a fave recent movie.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...