Chromebook Demo-Making

Skip to the bottom

• @rorowe Jan 2022

I've upgraded most of my gear over the past two years, including replacing a dead desktop with a beautiful...Chromebook.
    One day, I'll have a Windows PC again, but until then, I need help figuring out the best way to record multitrack/multi-instrument tunes. Anyone else doing Chromebook-based demos?

• @jimdgreen  Jan 2022

don't have a Chromebook, but look as Bandlab, I've has a little plat with it on iphone/ipad/adnriod tablet and from the brief look I've had it looks promising.

• @blueone  Jan 2022

Another BandLab recommendation here. If I ever use it then I tend to use the phone app to record, and the website to arrange.

• @metalfoot  Jan 2022

If you put your chromebook into Linux mode you can run MuseScore and Audacity, and that's a pretty powerful combo (given that that's 99% of what I use!)

• @dukongp100 Jan 2022

You could install a daw on a mem pen it there’s limited gb on the drive

• @rorowe Jan 2022

Thanks all...I'm going to try using Bandlab more this time, I think. I've had Audacity on this Chromebook, and have always been pretty comfortable in Audacity, but the Chromebook-Linux environment isn't great for audio (so far...)

• @br0th3rh00d Mar 2022

Following. You might be able to install Linux tools if you're comfortable with command line stuff?? I'm not especially.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...