Ohio - round on the ends, and corn in the middle?

Skip to the bottom

• @tawny249  Jan 2022

Hi all, here's the obligatory Ohio corn-jokes thread. It's tradition. :P I'm central. What about you?

• @guatecoop  Jan 2022

Greetings! I’m up on the north coast and I almost never hear of other fawmers up here, which always shocks me. Best wishes to you!!

• @zecoop  Jan 2022

Checking in as a part time Ohio FAWMer... I'll be at @guatecoop's for part of FAWM. :)

• @dzdandcunfsd  Jan 2022

I always thought Ohio looks like a tractor :)

• @cleanshoes  Jan 2022

Checking in from the flatlands of central Ohio (NW of Columbus), though I'm originally from the hills and valleys of the northeast. I'm sorry to hear you're alone up there, @guatecoop! The greater Cleveland area has such a rich music and arts scene that the lack of FAWMers surprises me too.

• @guatecoop  Jan 2022

@cleanshoes I know!! It seems absurd, but the closest fawmers are in Kent and Mansfield as far as I know!!! Crazy.

• @auditasum  Jan 2022

I'm in Northeast Ohio!

• @guatecoop  Jan 2022

@auditasum where are you at again?

• @auditasum  Jan 2022

@guatecoop I'm near Akron. So probably not too if you're in Cleveland area

• @guatecoop  Jan 2022

@auditasum Right, that's what I thought.... So up here we have Akron, Kent, and Lorain. I still can't understand why Cleveland and the surrounding areas are virtually unrepresented. It would be so cool to have a FAWM-over party, but it just isn't like that around here like it is in other areas.

• @eric Jan 2022

Columbus here! Let's write some Ohio songs this year!

• @auditasum  Jan 2022

@guatecoop in theory we could meet in the middle between Cleveland and Akron area, but with the covid of it all I'm not super up for meeting new peeps. Someday

• @katestantonsings  Jan 2022

Hello fellow buckeyes! I’m from SW Ohio between Dayton and Cincy, but grew up in a cornfield outside of Columbus. I think the corn isn’t just in the middle…it’s everywhere!!! Happy FAWM!

• @sjbatavia  Jan 2022

Hey folks, I'm located a little east of Cincinnati. Go Bengals!

• @zecoop  Jan 2022

@sjbatavia - hey there!! I was born in Cincinnati and although we only stayed until I was 4, it was apparently long enough to lock in the Reds and Bengals. Of course it was the Big Red Machine at the time and Johnny Bench. But now days - Way to go Bengals!

• @andread  Jan 2022

I am in Cincinnati, OH, a tad north of downtown. I moved here from Lansing, MI about 20ish years ago,

• @zecoop  Jan 2022

Hi @andread - My family came the other way, from Cincinnati to Michigan. We were in SW Michigan for 8 years and then over by Lansing in Owosso for 8 more (and then everyone but me headed back to Ohio because I was at MSU).

• @halfwalk  Jan 2022

Checking in from Columbus. I haven't been active here for a few years but let's see what happens this time around.

• @tasia Feb 2022

Hi, I'm in Columbus, actually Clintonville just north of OSU campus, and this is my first FAWM. I'm feeling lost. I would love to talk with someone. If anyone here knows me, please call me. If you were at TRIFILKIA last weekend I was signed in at either Tasia Russell, or Tasia and Torie, and my stereo was signed in as my listening clone.

• @halfwalk  Feb 2022

@tasia Hey, I'm in Clintonville too! Well, sort of... Old North I guess (by Lucky's), but Clintonville is basically across the street.

• @sjbatavia  Feb 2022

@andread
    Hey Andread, we're pretty close. Your profile says you host music parties. I'm curious to hear more about that!

• @katestantonsings  Feb 2022

https://youtu.be/3WYdRYhBWwI

Anyone hoping Dre, Snoop, and Mary J. Blige do a remake of this hit tonight? :p They’ve closed schools tomorrow in my area of Ohio for this game!

• @eric Feb 2022

@tasia @halfwalk hey we're all neighbors! I'm just south of Hudson. FAWM can be overwhelming but rewarding. Maybe we can meet at the Cup O Joe someday!

• @eric Feb 2022

@tasia @halfwalk Hey neighbors, my band The Devil Doves is playing at Rambling House this Saturday. It will be our last gig for a while so if you're free I hope you can make it and introduce yourselves!

• @eric Mar 2022

For anyone near Columbus, I'll be playing a solo set at Rambling House tonight (Wednesday) starting at 9:30, after trivia. I'll be playing mostly FAWM songs, so come introduce yourselves!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...