Tuesday Night Zoom (9pm to Midnight ET)

Skip to the bottom

• @yam655  Jan 2022

For nearly the past year, I've been hosting a weekly get-together for FAWMers. It's been a handy place to socialize with other musicians, particularly during the off months.

They're informal and unstructured.

This February 1st is on a Tuesday, and you are all welcome to join us.

Steven Black (that's me!) is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: FAWM: Tuesday Night Music Club
    Time: Tuesday 09:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
    Every week on Tue

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84975772525
    Passcode: Jenny's Number

Meeting ID: 849 7577 2525
    Passcode: Jenny's Number

Not sure what Jenny's number is? https://youtu.be/6WTdTwcmxyo

Since we can't secure forum pages to just FAWM users, I'd rather not make it easy for nefarious folks by having to one-click in to the meeting.

Also: This Zoom meeting does not require folks to be logged in with a Zoom account. If you want/need to keep your FAWM and real identity separate, make sure you are logged out of Zoom and then join the meeting. You will then be able to enter whatever name you want as an anonymous user.

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

Thanks for organizing this, @yam655! It's been the highlight of my week since you started it!

• @kanttila  Jan 2022

I had an amazing time when I went to one last year, I hope to do so again!

• @zecoop  Jan 2022

Impressive how long you've kept it going!! I need to get back in there. :)

• @silvermediapro  Jan 2022

yoooo this sounds dope, i'm so down :D

• @kenmattsson  Jan 2022

I'll be there!

• @skylermf  Jan 2022

Fun!! Looking forward to it

• @swampjaw  Jan 2022

Awesome! Great to see that this is still alive!

• @andygetch  Jan 2022

occasionally I join. Always a fun chat!

• @mikeskliar  Jan 2022

always a great time!

• @yam655  Jan 2022

@swampjaw I said I'd stop if people quit showing up. People keep showing up -- even on a couple days that _I_ forgot about it! Thanks for thinking of the idea!

• @coolparadiso  Jan 2022

Always been a fun time!

• @gardeningangel1  Jan 2022

I cleverly copied down the link last year before the site closed and then cleverly lost it.
    This year I'll try not to be so clever :)

• @dreamscuba  Jan 2022

This is so cool... That will be Wednesday 10:00am Singapore time on the second public holiday of Chinese New Year...

• @onceandfuturegabi  Jan 2022

This sounds absolutely lovely - count me in!

• @guatecoop  Jan 2022

I will be there, and it sounds like we could have few more than usual! Come one come all….

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

BUMP! Starting now!

• @sw1n3flu  Jan 2022

Oh like a pre-fawm event?

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

Pre-, during- and post- event! :)

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

When joining the Zoom event please add your FAWM username to your name so we know who's who. :)

• @cairobraga  Jan 2022

I loooooved iiiiiiiiiiiit

• @yam655  Jan 2022

@sw1n3flu It's a purely social event, so more like a forum thread with moving pictures. :)

• @fearlessflight2014  Jan 2022

Awesome!!!

• @odilongreen  Jan 2022

I keep meaning to join; I definitely need to get myself over there!

• @yam655  Jan 2022

@odilongreen It is happening again tonight! (This is the last one before FAWM.)

It's a big window (9-12 ET), so folks are expected to arrive late or leave early according to what makes sense with their schedules.

Before 11pm, there should be someone still there, after 11 and it sometimes ends early.

• @mikeskliar  Jan 2022

giving this a bump, it;s tonight, starting in about two and a half hours as I write this...

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

2 hour countdown!

• @aeye Jan 2022

See you there!

• @wobbiewobbit  Jan 2022

yes i am hoping to join again :)

• @coolparadiso  Jan 2022

Just a short visit today! Its Australia day here. BBQ firing up, all Aussie music playing!

• @guatecoop  Jan 2022

Sounds good @coolparadiso ! I wish it were something like that here! Nope, but I’ll come earlier to say hello.

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

Happening right now! Join us on Zoom!

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

Bump! Still going on.

• @kable Jan 2022

Dang, sounds like fun, sad to have missed it. I'll be sure to make the next one!

• @cairobraga  Jan 2022

I coudn't keep myself awake for this one, sadly.

• @aeye Jan 2022

Had a great time with everyone, totally stayed up to late though and I am paying for it with allll the coffee today.

• @janeg  Jan 2022

Wish I had known about this! I am in a lot of Zoom circles. I will try to get to one of yours soon, maybe on the 1st.

• @lvgd09 Jan 2022

I just installed Zoom I'll give it a try on Tuesday

• @yam655  Jan 2022

@cairobraga It is great when you can make the call. I did want to note that there are enough people in FAWM that we could totally have multiple Zoom groups at different hours. That way you can make other people keep weird hours for _your_ call. ;)

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

@cairobraga @yam655 we need to do a 24-hour happy hour, where people around the globe join and leave in a wave as the sun travels west!

Happy 24 Hours is a great idea!
    Also, I'd gladly sacrifice some sleep to see @cairobraga 's lovely face :)

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

@gardeningangel1 maybe we could start the next one 24 hours before FAWM starts? We can let a lot everyone know, so we have people around the globe!

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

Pinging @rusackas for the 24-hour long happy hour!

• @guatecoop  Jan 2022

@elesimo when is this happy hour going to happen? I never heard a date on Tuesday

• @tuneslayer  Jan 2022

I like this idea Posting here so I'll see the khappy hour info when it comes up.

• @swampjaw  Jan 2022

Digging the 24-hour happy hour idea.

For the start of FAWM -- maybe add a bunch of breakout rooms, and then small groups/pairs/whatever can duck out, and collaboratively write a song?

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

@guatecoop I don't know, the idea just occurred me. But there are also other events, I know @kenmattsson is planning to do a pre-FAWM party as well.

@elesimo Either FAWM-eve or on a weekend so more people can join in (sorry folks who work weekends, I see you and I appreciate you!)
    @swampjaw Great idea for the breakout rooms! If someone is willing to organize it, that sounds like it could get complicated.

• @swampjaw  Jan 2022

@gardeningangel1
    I'm thinking you just spin up a bunch of break rooms -- Zoom makes it easy, you just say how many you want. Then people can self organize if they're in to it, and grab a room that looks empty. I taught a "flipped" class last semester, and having a free-form collab space for the students worked pretty darned well.

@swampjaw Oh cool! I've been in plenty of chats but never hosted so I wasn't sure how it worked. They did breakout rooms during NaNoWriMo and I really enjoyed those.

• @kenmattsson  Jan 2022

@elesimo Yes, I'm planning the Happy Hour/Virtual Cocktail party for this Saturday afternoon (I'll be stuck at home, as we're supposed to get about 20" (50cm) of snow in a Nor'easter that day. I'll post it soon, and cross post here.

• @elesimo  Jan 2022

@kenmattsson oh nice! I thought you were planning to do it on the eve of FAWM, though? Either way I'll be there!

• @kenmattsson  Jan 2022

@elesimo, I was but things have changed, and I wanted to do it when the most number of people could make it timewise.

• @kenmattsson  Jan 2022

Check out https://fawm.org/forums/topic/12311/ for the information about the Virtual Cocktail Party!

• @cairobraga  Jan 2022

@yam655 that is actually a great idea, considering us fawmers are scattered across timezones.

@elesimo now THIS is what I'm talking about, let's make it happen!

• @cairobraga  Jan 2022

@gardeningangel1 I have a lovely face... for radio. :P (you're too kind)

@kenmattsson @elesimo so the Virtual Cocktail Party and the Happy 24-hour Zoom can both happen at different occasions for maximum participation possibilities, yay!

• @kenmattsson  Jan 2022

@cairobraga I tried to schedule mine at a time when I thought the most people could do it. I figured if @wobbiewobbit was getting up at 3 a.m. to come and chat, I could at least make this a better time for her and the rest of the European and Australian FAWMers.

Make sure to comment on the forum topic at https://fawm.org/forums/topic/12311/ so that it will stay near the top and more people will see it!

• @mikegtz  Jan 2022

Steven, thanks for te Tuesday Night Music Club info and I will be coming by singing that Jenny song!

• @gardeningangel1  Feb 2022

Scrambling to finish my chores so I can join in... starts in 1hr, yes?

• @andygetch  Feb 2022

correct @gardeningangel1 9pm EST & 6pm PST

• @elesimo  Feb 2022

Bump, happening right now! Don't forget to rename yourself and add your FAWM username when you join! :)

• @pianoonthepatio Feb 2022

is this still going weekly? Would love to pop in one of these days

• @mikeskliar  Feb 2022

Giving this a bump-- tonight (in less then four hours as I type this), it'll be happening again (as far as I know)

hope to see some of you there!

• @elesimo  Feb 2022

@pianoonthepatio yes, this is still happening!

• @vivalarayna Feb 2022

PSA - Can everyone please be mindful of their backgrounds, especially if they include flashing lights, quick movements, or other elements that are visual triggers for people with certain neurological conditions? These can quickly induce migraines and other physical reactions. Thanks.

• @ajna1960  Feb 2022

OK you can all laugh at me :( I am sat in our uber friendly Zoom room, all alone :(
    I misread the time of the meeting, and assumed it was 9pm IRISH time.... it's not grrrrrr it's EST pffft :( :(
    Needless to say I am not waiting here another 5 hours until 2am to say hello !
    See you all here tomorrow :) xx

• @metalfoot  Feb 2022

@ajna1960 Not laughing at you... time zone differences are one of the biggest challenges with any/all online meetings!

• @elesimo  Feb 2022

@ajna1960 oh no! That happens, we've all been there!

Last week @kenmattsson hosted an online FAWM event, and later in the same day he celebrated his birthday on the same virtual location. A FAWMer "crashed" his birthday party because they also got the time zones mixed!

• @elesimo  Feb 2022

Bump! Happening now, join us!

• @darcistrutt  Feb 2022

That was fun! Great to see so many faces of FAWMers.

• @elesimo  Feb 2022

Great to see you, @darcistrutt!

BTW, this is still going on!

• @guatecoop  Feb 2022

I think that I will be popping in for a bit tonight! I hope to see many of you....

• @kenmattsson  Feb 2022

I'm planning on it, although it's getting to be a big party!

• @kable Feb 2022

Probably can make the first hour, but then I've got other commitments to attend and will have to leave early. See you!

• @metalfoot  Feb 2022

I might come tonight. We'll see!

• @andygetch  Feb 2022

Zoom is live!

• @elesimo  Feb 2022

Woohoo!

• @gubna Feb 2022

I popped in for a few but my internet wasn't liking it, kept glitching. Maybe I'll try again next week!

• @wylddandelyon Feb 2022

Oh, drat! I got distracted by the women's short figure skating. I meant to pop in.

• @guatecoop  Feb 2022

The last week of FAWM! I will make a little time to drop in....last week was so pleasant! I look forward to seeing you guys again.

• @elesimo  Feb 2022

Bump! Happening now!

• @momentegalerie Feb 2022

Oh didn't know that and it aounds like fun. Will someone remind me next year?

• @tcelliott  Feb 2022

It continues throughout the off season although there are usually less ppl on.

• @kenmattsson  Feb 2022

I'm also going to mention here (as a plug) that there will be an alternative to the Tuesday Night Zoom Call this coming Saturday (or Sunday if you're in Australia/NZ) for the FAWM Over Virtual Reception. It's on Kumospace and not Zoom, but it's an opportunity to meet with others electronically.

https://fawm.org/forums/topic/12805

• @elesimo  Mar 2022

This is still happening! Let's get together and chat about our FAWM experience. :)

• @guatecoop  Mar 2022

I’ll be there, though for some reason I’m feeling a little bit tired today….hmmmm I wonder why?

• @metalfoot  Mar 2022

I'll be there but late, as I have meetings this evening.

• @beacon Mar 2022

You couldn't keep me away.

• @yam655  Mar 2022

This will be happening until people no longer show up. Will that last until 50/90 again? Will it last until next FAWM? I'll find out!

• @outinpublicdrummer  Mar 2022

I'd love to join in sometime! Sounds fun

• @andygetch  Mar 2022

bump

• @metalfoot  Mar 2022

Roads are closed in this area so I can't go anywhere and so... I might just pop in tonight :)

• @elesimo  Mar 2022

Bump! Just started.

• @elesimo  Mar 2022

Still going on!

• @guatecoop  Mar 2022

I look forward to seeing some of you tonight! These Tuesday night zooms are still something that I look forward to.

• @billwhite51 Mar 2022

me too

• @gm7  Mar 2022

I think I will drop in for a visit

• @beacon Mar 2022

I'll be there.

• @elesimo  Mar 2022

Bump! Starting right now!

• @zecoop  Mar 2022

It was really great seeing everyone last night. I promise I’ll find my mute button next time… ;)

I am definitely looking forward to the Brazilian pizza and Fluffernutter party though!!

• @darcistrutt  Mar 2022

Missed it! Maybe next Tuesday I'll remember.

• @mikeskliar  Mar 2022

giving this a bump in anticipation of this coming Tuesday...

• @beacon Mar 2022

I should be there!

• @wylddandelyon Mar 2022

@darcistrutt I put it on my calendar and let it pop up a notification on my phone. That helps a lot!

• @coolparadiso  Mar 2022

I am off grand baby sitting in the big smoke so a doubtful starter!

• @billwhite51 Mar 2022

your daylight savings time pushed me up an hour so ill check in around 10pm or whenever the baby falls asleep

• @elainedimasi  Mar 2022

Thought I would make this one! Unfortunately wasn't possible to get home from work and situated in time ... hoping maybe next tues though!

• @tcelliott  Mar 2022

@elainedimasi Would be great to chat with you. I often show up about an hour late and there are usually still people chatting, sometimes quite a few.

• @gm7  Mar 2022

@elainedimasi hopefully you can join the party this Tue.

• @tamsnumber4  Mar 2022

Is there one today?

• @elesimo  Mar 2022

@tamsnumber4 yes! :)

• @elesimo  Mar 2022

Bump! Just started!

• @andygetch  Mar 2022

going on now

• @mikeskliar  Mar 2022

was great to see everyone!

• @elainedimasi  Apr 2022

Ok this is on my calendar, I won't have to work late, I've got leftovers ready... so is it a thing 5-Apr??

• @metalfoot  Apr 2022

@elainedimasi It's a perpetual thing at this point I think

• @beacon Apr 2022

@elainedimasi I don't think it could stop even if people tried.

• @elainedimasi  Apr 2022

@metalfoot @beacon thanks!! Re: the can't stop, see that's what happens when the eternal spirit of Jenny is invoked for a thing..

• @fearlessflight2014  Apr 2022

Thinking of dropping in today.

• @elesimo  Apr 2022

Just started!

• @wylddandelyon Apr 2022

I just jumped in, but nobody else is here. It's what I get for eating dinner first, I suppose. Anyway, Hi everybody!

• @beacon Apr 2022

We were there @wylddandelyon! I dropped off about 10:30 EDT.

• @andygetch  Apr 2022

happening now

• @ductapeguy  Apr 2022

I'm planning to drop by today.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...