Scotland

Skip to the bottom

• @ayehahmur  Jan 2022

Mon the Scots. Let's be having you!

I'm Neil, back for my fifth FAWM and really looking forward to all your tunes.

• @zxcvbnm  Jan 2022

Gawn wurseles, Aw ra best.

• @gerrybhoy Jan 2022

Think I'll go again.

• @roddy  Jan 2022

Jings! It's nearly started.

• @gindark  Jan 2022

I am back, 3rd FAWM, will I get to the finishing line this year?

• @sorby69  Jan 2022

Born in Broxburn Hospital and lived in Livingstone for the first 4 years of my life. Mum & Dad moved us away and we never came back :(

Always felt Scottish though, you know?

Have a great FAWM!

• @ayehahmur  Jan 2022

You're more than welcome here @sorby69. Mind you, you'll be in a pickle when the "Which Celtic Country Do You Identify With" challenge comes around...

• @siasa  Jan 2022

First time. I blame @gherrybhoy ;-)

• @roddy  Jan 2022

Welcome @siasa Ah, that @gerrybhoy has a lot to answer for!

• @siasa  Jan 2022

He does... ;-)

• @gerrybhoy Jan 2022

Let's hope he can write some songs : )

• @calumcarlyle Jan 2022

"Europe and the UK"?

The UK is still part of continental Europe, you know! Also, what about Ireland? Also not part of the European mainland, and part of the British Isles, but not part of the UK!

Anyway, apparently the internet here in Scotland still connects with the rest of the world so hello from the dark ages until the UK finally pulls up the drawbridge completely!

• @emkaydeebee  Jan 2022

Happy Burns Night! I have my haggis ready for a feast this evening!

• @ayehahmur  Jan 2022

Cheers @emkaydeebee! I suspect we might be having the same!

• @chriscrowing Jan 2022

Had great fun last year, getting my setup, well..,. set up again for this attempt.

• @lyricslinger  Jan 2022

Back for my 3rd FAWM. Originally from Ireland but been living in Scotland now for nearly a quarter of a century. Favourite word that seems to only be used in Scotland is outwith ...

• @zxcvbnm  Jan 2022

@lyricslinger Welcome. Outwith of that word I think our most expressive word is dreich. I don't think there is a real English equivalent.

• @jtsteam  Jan 2022

I'm English (Northumbrian) by birth but I've lived in Scotland for 17 years now and I even cheer when they beat England at [insert favourite sport] so I feel I've gone native... I will happily use 'outwith' in casual conversation if that helps :).

• @lyricslinger  Jan 2022

Yes, dreich is a great word. :) One of the benefits of FAWM is having something to do during the dreich February days

• @ayehahmur  Jan 2022

Sounds like we could do a wee unofficial challenge to slip some Scots (or even Gaelic) words/phrases into our lyrics? No pressure, but if you manage to do it stick the #scotswords hash tag on it when you post it.

• @msculli1  Jan 2022

Lanarkshire here. I'm back for another 6 week song creation binge. Need to set up a work space again, so probably starting on the 3rd or something. Hope you all have a productive time.

• @gindark  Feb 2022

First day! I'd love to see it if anyone has already got tracks in, please put your hand up! (Not me, I'll be busy beating my old laptop until the mice start running round the wheel)

• @gindark  Feb 2022

How's it going for you guys? I've got 2 down and they are sketchy af but I'm happy with them nonetheless. One day, I can only dream they will get tarted up by a producer who knows more about how to make things sound as good as they do in my head. (WAV to MP3? I understand the concept of the drop in quality but srsly, it's like a different song!!)

• @davidn Feb 2022

Hi there! I grew up in Inverurie, but now live in the US which is as big a barrel of laughs as you can imagine. It wasn't until I lived here that I realized "outwith" isn't a universally used word, and was told very quickly never to refer to house plants as "pot plants".

• @siasa  Feb 2022

Hi David - welcome!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...